CairnTalk

Wert (Wertless)

Dempsy's Mom

post-4719-0-93962400-1402948988_thumb.jp

THE STRAY

Monday, the old dog said that a crumb would do
Then On Tuesday the old dog asked me to make it two
Wednesday, the old dog said he'd prefer to have fish And not on paper - he'd rather a dish!
On Thursday, the old dog said it was cold out there So what about letting him sleep on a chair
By Friday the old dog made it perfectly clear That he was planning to live in HERE
On Saturday night he took half my bed And woke me up early to get himself fed
Today we'll have chicken because it is Sunday - I wonder what old dog will enjoy eating on Monday

Author UnknownPublic Domain Archives of Dog Poems - See more at: http://www.old-dog-treats-and-rawhide.com/dog-poems.html#sthash.N4jO8tuE.vxfBKvth.dpuf

• Like 5

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

It does fit him perfectly. Look at that sly dog - who could say no to that look.  Right now he is at my feet - perfectly content.  I am a little worried about leaving him with Jim for the weekend, but I think it will be ok.  Storms worry me the most and they are scheduled all week long.  We needed a little moisture but moderation would be nice.  We are not flooding here, but 100 miles away it gets pretty tuff.  Minnesota is really getting the rain - Nebraska has been hit hard too with damaging winds and hail.  A lot of damage to crops. 

Edited by Dempsy's Mom

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Awww look at him. That is a content look on his face alright. He loves you and will stick by your side. Sounds like the other dogs get along with him too. How is he getting along with them so far? Hope your weather is ok. I heard about tornadoes in Nebraska on the news tonight. Sadly one person did not survive. Glad you and the farm are ok.

It is so funny how they love Wert but were not fond on Pooch.  They would bark their fool heads off at Pooch, but Wert can walk by the window and they could care less. Dempsy likes Wert the most.  Wert hasn't gotten into the house officially yet - he likes the dog house and goes to it every night in the kennel.  So that is good for right now. 

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

That is a careful and happy look on his face. I'm glad he's enjoying his new friends, and that you've been enjoying him. Safe travels and best wishes for you and everyone else in NB.

It seems like a lot of places have been getting rough weather this year. My state has been nailed with a lot of rain and tornado warnings, but as far as I know, none have actually formed or struck. Some water seeped into my basement through a crack between the wall and the floor. I know it's an easy fix but I don't have a caulk gun and I still have a lot of bags of stuff and filing cabinets to move away from that wall and relocate to another part of the basement (the crack is at least five feet long. Maybe more, but I haven't noticed any other wet spots on the floor.) As long as we don't get a heavy rain, the basement stays dry, but one storm dumped four inches of rain on us overnight. Even the basement door leaked then from water splashing off the ground and back into the house. I also have some wood rot outside and a woodpecker discovered that he could peck holes in my deck railing. That's permanent pressed wood! I'm surprised he's bothering it. He's just a little Downy Woodpecker but he's made a couple of boards look like Swiss cheese.

I've also had a Black Racer snake hanging out in the garage, a Copperhead snake in my paper box, and a Black Bear knocking down bird feeders in my neighborhood. Fun. Nikki has all kinds of things to smell in our neighborhood right now.

I know Josie - I just had to share it with our cairn friends.  Thanks for thinking of us.

Yuck - your weather sounds miserable.  Hang in there Lupinegirl - we have nothing compared to the other states.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Since Dempsy's Mom started this thread with a poem I hope it is okay for me to point everybody toward a short story. The story is of a farmer who rescues a dog who herds his livestock---now, where have we heard that before? I'll include a link but if that is not acceptable it is easy enough to Google. The story is His Dog by Albert Payson Terhune. It is offered on Amazon as a free Kindle download. The language is a little dated but the reviews are all good. Free ebook editions are available elsewhere on the net.

http://www.amazon.com/His-Dog-Albert-Payson-Terhune-ebook/dp/B0082XI9AA/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1403138305&sr=1-1&keywords=his+dog

George

• Like 1