CairnTalk

OTEEC Spring Test

bradl

Another Oregon Trail's End Earthdog Club test on the books. 

We mostly worked this test and only had two entries the whole weekend. Dundee continued to be a pacifist -- he sees no reason to bark at rats but is happy, happy, happy to be on the farm.

I ran Echo in Master on Saturday afternoon. She had a qualifying run right up to the very last segment, where I took too long to get her out of the den (you only have 15 seconds). Given she's 13 I wasn't going to be fast or rough getting her out so I just let her take her time. It doesn't qualify but she doesn't know that and she had a grand time. Plus she's already got her title so we're running for fun anyway. 

I don't have pic from the field, so here's Echo in a typical pose around the house. I feel just like that sometimes!

echo-hide.jpg

Echo's bracemate was also a Cairn. Jasmine was having her very first experience at the master level and she qualified her first time out! It was fun seeing Jas in the field being run by her breeder. As it happens Jasmine is in one of the obedience classes I attend so we train with Jas during the week with the person Jasmine lives with.  Jas failed to qualify on Sunday, but that's the way tests go. If every test was a sure thing they'd just mail you the titles and skip all the work :)

vlh-jasmine.jpg

Another Cairn we were rooting for was Brodie, who put it together to earn his Junior Earthdog title. Here's Brodie with his proud owner/handler Debbie admiring his ribbon and the embroidered bandana our club awards for new titles earned at our tests.

db-brodie.jpg

It was a muddy weekend at the start, but it was clearing by the time we yanked the dens on Sunday.  Probably a highlight of the test for me was getting to see our erstwhile hosts Ben and Delores finally have one of their mini Dachshund's earn a Senior title. Yay Heidi! As the farm owners and host of every test this club has ever had, no one, and I mean no one, has worked harder and longer so that folks can enjoy earthdog than Ben and Delores. Love them both.

delores-ben-heidi.jpg

• Like 5

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Wow! Thanks for sharing those great pictures and stories! I like Echo's low-key earth dog style! 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley