CairnTalk

Malcolm and I lost a good friend

Malcolm's Dad

A good internet friend has passed on. Long ago in the late 90's I was in a senior citizens chat room. We all had pets. Red (her screen name) and her husband had cats. When I got Malcolm they sent gifts for him. We loved to talk about our pets. The chat room faded out. We lost members. Red's husband was a retired military guy. The house was too much to take care of and they moved into a retirement home. They enjoyed the retirement home it made things easier for them. Red's husband passed away this weekend.

I never met them in person. I feel like they were sitting right next to me when we talked on the net. It is so hard to get this news tonight. He was like family, a brother and fellow pet lover.

Malcolm lost someone who loved him from far away. Someone who would never get to pet him but would send him toys anyway.

I don't know why I'm posting this here. I'm so sad I guess I need to post something to help deal with the grief.

The people on CairnTalk have become good friends too. Its weird how you can get to know people and become friends even though you've never met in person. And you get to know the pets like we all know the Cairns and their buddies on the forum.

Thanks for reading.

:hug: Hugs to you and Malcolm.  May you always remember the laughs and the tender moments you shared on the internet.  The chat room peeps are kinda special...never meet yet can totally understand what is written from the heart and give cyber hugs!!  Give extra pats, treats, etc. to Malcolm...and extra hugs to you!!

I'm so sorry for your and Malcolm's loss. Internet friends are real friends. It is only the heart and mind that need to connect, as you experienced.  Many hugs to you and Malcolm.  :hug:

You have my empathy. This is a good place to share, as it is hard to explain to people who don't have friendships online, and it's even harder to explain to people who have never experienced loss. Nikki sends virtual kisses and I send hugs.

I think whether you have physically met someone or not you can still have a close friendship. 

Feeling your sorrow and being glad you and Malcolm had such good friends for so long.

It's surprising how hard something like this can hit you even though you've never met the person. I'd feel the same way if someone here on Cairn Talk passed away.

Hugs to you and Malcolm. Remind Malcolm that not every dog has had the honor of receiving toys from faraway friends who love him. Red and her husband sound like lovely people.

I just saw this ... A friendship is real and matters regardless how the connection began. I have a good friend in San Diego I've been talking to online for years, it would hurt me very much to lose her. So sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and Malcom!