CairnTalk

resizing pics

Autumn & Lola

I know in the past that I used a quick and easy picture resizing tool. I thought it was www.resizr.com, but that site doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone know a different (easy!) tool I can use to resize these mammoth photos my husband's fancy-schmancy camera takes?

Much thanks!

PC or Mac? I use Preview, installed by default in OSX, 98% of the time.  Tools -> Adjust Size -> nnn px wide -> Save..

For PC, this app seems pretty easy: http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Also, the online service http://www.resizr.com/ came up for me just now. 

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

For PC. Thanks Brad. I went back to resizr.com. The site came up, but wasn't working for me last night. I realize now that is because my photos were too big (over 5MB) for the resizing tool. I managed to crop two of them so they fit the resizing parameters, and used that site. Thanks again!

Those are big pics to be shuffling back and forth over the net -- hopefully you have broadband.  I'd really try to find a program to run on my local PC because that would make it a lot faster and  most likely easier. IrfanView is another old standard that appears to remain very popular as a PC tool.  Also, this Microsoft FAQ  seems to suggest resizing is possible using one of the built-in Windows apps. The linked FAQ is Windows 8. There is probably something similar for Windows 7.

To resize photos
Select the photos you want to resize, and then on the Edit tab, in the Properties group, click Resize.

Click the Select a size list, and then select a size for your photos. For a custom size, in the Maximum dimensions box, enter the maximum width you want your photos to be.

Click Resize and save. To save resized photos to another location, click Browse, and then select an existing folder to save your resized photo in.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Yes, we have a business account with some kind of mega-broadband-doohicky.  <--- tech speak

Thank you for the other suggestions. I will try these as well. I never had much problem before Nick got his new camera.  He said, "But it can do everything!" I said, "Yeah, but *I* can't!!" :D