CairnTalk

Wow is this nice

Malcolm's Dad

I got a new computer and a new high speed connection. The old win 95 machine and the dialup just didn't work with anything and I couldn't do much so it was time to upgrade. Now all I have to do is figure out how to work Windows 8, boy is this strange.

I haven't been online lately. The back went out and I spent a lot of time in bed. Malcolm was not happy about this. He kept pestering me to get up and pay attention to him. The back got better. I went out looking for a new computer. Today they installed the high speed line. This is nice! CairnTalk comes up instantly, no waiting for the pages to download.

I'll be back talking with you all soon once I get this new thing figured out. At least I was able to get to CairnTalk tonight and I'm really enjoying this. And I'll be able to watch the videos now, something I could never do before.

See you all soon, I really missed you people.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome back. I was looking for the video gallery. Is it gone? I'm going to be up late tonight can't get away from this new computer it is really fascinating.

I can't imagine what it would be like to jump from Windows 95 to Windows 8 in one leap.  You must be delighted and amazed.  I have gone thru every iteration of Windows since starting with 95 way back when and will say that everyone has been a real improvement over the predecessor.  I am currently using 7 and it is the most stable, by far, Windows program I have used especially when it comes to viruses and Trojans. 
Kick back and enjoy, now you can spend your time surfing instead of waiting for the waves to come up!

Hiya and welcome back! :)

Glad you are feeling better and glad you could update your system. I bet it feels like you are flying now!

There was a video gallery? I didn't know that. There is a photo gallery (at the top of the page, click on "Gallery" to the right of "Forums".)

I bet you were up all night playing with your new toy! 

I'm sure Malcolm is super-happy that you are 'up and running' again, too!

Glad you're set up to enjoy being online again (and hope your back enjoys a similar upgrade!).  The Cairn video topic is still around, it's just sunk a little in the chronological listing of recently updated topics. These days with the dramatic increase in number of youtube and other movies available (and the ease of searching for them), videos are tending to be posted in their own topics.  Regardless of where, we do enjoy them :)

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thanks for the Welcome Backs. I've been working all night trying to get the email on the new machine. I've got a lot to learn about this new stuff. Brad thank you for the link to the videos. I watched a few videos, this is just fantastic and Malcolm had a fun time barking at the other Cairns in the videos lol. I really want to see some of the videos that Idaho posted, wanted to see them for a long time. Now I can search so I can quickly look them up.

Don't have time now still figuring out this new machine. I feel like a caveman who just walked into 2013 New York city.