CairnTalk

Reading Tail Wags

bradl

Hmmm, I better get out a protractor to find out with all that tail wagging if my dogs are glad to see me or not  :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24746107

Scientists have shed more light on how the movements of a dog's tail are linked to its mood.

Earlier research had revealed that happy dogs wag their tails more to the right (from the dog's point of view), while nervous dogs have a left-dominated swish.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I have read that and I remember looking at Jocks tail waving madly when we would walk through the door. It seemed pretty even...mmmm wonder what "they" think of that? Rosie just goes crazy when we walk through the door so I have never really had a good look what's happening with the caboose end of her. :)

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Kelly's tail wags in the middle. I would also like to know what a full butt wag means, as that is how she greats us, with tail flying in the middle and her butt moving from side to side. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

After I read this, I watched Brinna's tail and when she is happy to see those she loves, the tail wags to the right.  If she "loses it" over a cat and I am yelling, "NO, LEAVE IT,"

her tail is straight UP. When our son stops by or our daughter, grand kids,  and little Ellie, Brinna starts tearing through the house, so who knows which way her tail is going. I'll try to remember to pay attention once the excitement passes.