CairnTalk

Scottie pinwheel...or as Whits calls our girl, a Scairn.

Sam I Am

I get increasingly nervous every time I see a puppy, because I've passed from "thank goodness Addie is no longer a puppy" to "how cute! Maybe Addie needs a sibling." And now you've bombarded me with SIX adorable puppies.  

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

I know that feeling! When Jock died I thought , ok, well we are down to one dog and perhaps that is easier do deal with and of course less expensive also. And it will give us more of an opportunity to travel. Also the thought that I might never have another Cairn in my life is really sad. But yesterday I said to my DH that if a Cairn or Cairn cross rescue drifts Into our lives it would be really difficult or impossible to say no. :) I don't think we have enough energy to take on a puppy anymore(we forgot how much work babies are when Rosie came into our house) but a younger Cairn would be awesome. Time will tell.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Last year with Angus it was training time everywhere we went. 

Since he turned two last Sept he has matured so much. He is such a pleasure to take anywhere. Still a youngster of course but not the wild thing he was!

Ready for a buddy maybe and those little guys lapping away make me think about it! Certainly like Terrier Lover if a needy cairn came our way Angus and I would take him/her in for sure!

• Like 1

Boy, do I know what you mean.  We already have 2 dogs but once in a while I see a Cairn up for adoption and it takes every ounce of my willpower to resist rushing to the shelter.  The only thing that keeps me in check is our city ordinance that says you can't have more than 2 dogs per household unless you are a foster or a licensed breeder.  Of course I could always apply to be a foster . . . :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

OMG Cuteness explosion! 

Unbeliever, you haven't mentioned Soggy lately. How is he?

Autumn, go easy on those pain pills! :lol:

Ziggy is fine and doing his best to annoy Buffy whenever possible.  We had him groomed last week and ever since then he has been prancing around like the king of the house.  Buffy has had to put him in his place with a few nips, reminding him that she is still Queen B.

Aww! I'm glad they are both well. I remember those stories of Buffy "telling" on Ziggy. They really cracked me up! Reminded me of myself and my younger brother. He did everything he could to annoy me until I socked him one day. So tell Ziggy to be careful! LOL :)