CairnTalk

Not able to click on specific topic title from the mainpage

Tami

I can't seem to be able to just click directly onto a topic from the homepage. Instead I have to click on either Cairn Life or Behavior and then scroll to the topic. That used to be clickable on the old version. Or is it that I need to just reload the page for it to work properly?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Tami

Hm. I'm not aware of any deliberate changes in link behavior.  I'm slow today so may need to be guided to the problem area. When I look at the index page, the only topic name is whichever topic had the latest post - be it new or a reply.

post-3-0-83677700-1379118427_thumb.png

For what it's worth that's clickable for me on desktop and ipad (and presumably phone).

Is that the topic title you mean?  I almost always come at things from the new content link, which lists all the topics that are new or have new replies...

post-3-0-67405400-1379118673_thumb.png

Those also are clickable. Clicking the round dot takes me to the first unread post; clicking the title takes me to the "top" of the topic.

If you're looking at something different, let me know how you get there so I can recreate your experience ... and either explain it or better yet, fix it :)

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I'm referring to the first pic you posted. The latest topic in each main area (ex Cairn Life) is posted with the last person to post to it. Before I'd be able to click on it but I'm not able to. I'm using Chrome browser on Mac OS X ... maybe it's me. I can log out and re-log in and see if the behavior changes.

Cheers,

Tami

Ah, I think I just discovered what's happening. The tag line for Cairn Life is so long that it overlaps the last topic title. If I try to click on the topic title at the beginning it's still that description/tag line. But if I move towards the last words of the last topic title then I can click on it.

Cheers,

Tami

I have the same problem when accessing the site from my Kindle Fire. I'll have to check and see later on if it is for the same reason.