CairnTalk

Add A Member Album to the Gallery

bradl

Update: Process has changed due to new software version. See replacement topic, How to Create a Member Album.

One change I made when I moved the forum was to enable each member to create an album of their own in the gallery. Space is still limited, but at least it's something!

I took a stab at putting together a crude movie of how to create your album:

I will note that the Gallery is the least user-friendly part of this suite of forum software, so don't feel like it's just you. There is a major rewrite of the forum suite underway and due out later this year. I'm praying it includes substantial improvements in the gallery area! In the meantime, any support you get from me is likely to hit or miss. 

As always, if you have troubles, the best thing to do is create a forum support topic with your specific question. That way if someone manages to answer it, the answer is available to all, is discoverable, the solution can be flagged, and so on. 

Have fun :)

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• 3 weeks later...

I will note that the Gallery is the least user-friendly part of this suite of forum software, so don't feel like it's just you. 

It's *always* me! LOL!

Looks like I scared nearly everyone off the idea :(  It's not that bad!

<-- Terrified. :D  I will try it out when I'm finished my current project. (Brad makes note to self: go on vacation!) :D

• 9 months later...

Tip: your gallery album has a higher disk space allotment than your attachment space.  To ensure you don't run out of attachment allowance you can use your photo gallery album instead, especially for photos you'd like to share more generally, outside the context of a specific post. 

Tip: You can still insert your photo into a post (or elsewhere on the web) using the "share link" cut-n-paste code for any gallery image.

post-3-0-68632700-1405288395_thumb.png

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club