CairnTalk

We're back!

bradl

Existing members - your account was successfully moved and your Cairn Talk Forum login/password has not changed. Just log in again to set a new cookie for this new domain.

Everyone - Please do me a huge favor and if you run into a hiccup, question, problem, issue, or error, please use Forum Support, rather than noting it mid-topic somewhere else. 

Similarly, please use a forum support topic when appropriate instead of a PM to me personally ... reserve PMs for private or personal messaging. 

Thanks! 

P.S. Change is hard. Please be patient as we sort things out bit by bit. And be patient with yourself too! No one was born knowing how to use web browsers and forum software, so don't feel like you're alone if you find something baffling. I guarantee you are not alone :)

• Like 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Holey Moley, I have been having withdrawals. Now I am back on the juice. Way to go Brad.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Looks great! Thanks Brad...missed reading. :)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Idaho Cairns

Mrs. Idaho and I had a long conversation in the golf cart this morning concerning how much we missed the Forum even if it had only been a couple of days--tough to do without a regular internet stop every morning, noon, and night.  Start up, wait for boot up, Firefox, check e-mails, Cairn Talk, Facebook, news sites, etc.  Yank one of those out of the daily routine and your day looks and feels just like your smile looks when you break and upper plate or lose a crown!!!! 

What a fantastic job you have done bradl - you really know your stuff.  I think my eyes are turning green!  LOL 

Well done and thank you for all your hard work. 

• Like 1

Ahhhhhh.  What a relief.  It has been so busy, hot and miserable here.  I have been lying in bed at night reminding myself to check on Cairn Talk come morning light and when morning light comes it seems the day is in full gear before the heat catches up to us.  Finally today, after bookwork - I crossed my fingers for a positive outcome and whala!  Can't get any more positive than this.  It's like coming home for Christmas in August - so nice to have you all back in my life.  :wub:   Love the site Brad!

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

The new site looks clean and modern Brad. Great job! And as you can see, my account transferred over with no problems at all. Yay!

• Like 1

Cheers,

Tami

It would be interesting to know how much the traffic to the Cairn Terrier club site drops since the forum left.  I know we can always refer people to the club site if they are looking for breeder referral or other club info, but I wonder if people on the forum will be less likely to visit it since they're not always there?  Just thinking out loud as I have lunch...

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Moving the forum will probably hurt both sites for a period of time. The parent site because it lost a lot of its google-juice and referral traffic via the forum, and Cairn Talk because it has no history or depth to its indexing by the search engines. Both issues will sort themselves out over time.

The CTCA is about to redo its sites (now that they *finally* got rid of that terrible webmaster they had ... :P )  I'm really excited for them and can't wait. Even as that terrible former webmaster I've been longing for a site redesign for many years, but I couldn't get anyone to take it on. I basically had to quit to force the issue.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Brad, it's taken me a while but THANK YOU so much for all of your hard work on Cairn Talk (new and old). The transfer was flawless (on my end), the redesign is beautiful and I am so grateful that you've given us such a wonderful place to converse and commiserate. 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

• 3 weeks later...

Brad you are simply amazing. I haven't been online for the last few weeks, can't sit at the computer because of the bad back. Last night I got online and wondered will the new site work with win 95? Hoorah! The site came up and worked and even let me log on. There are still some things that don't display on my browser but that happens with all sites now. I can still read and post so that is fine with me.

Thank you so much I can still enjoy CairnTalk. A suggestion. The Federal Reserve is looking for a new chief. They could use someone who can work miracles. Malcolm and I nominate you.