CairnTalk

Disaster area

Sam I Am

My heart goes out to all those folks in southern Alberta. Major flooding , people loosing their homes, major highways washed out . It's awful ...I always worry about all the animals . People get evacuated but often dogs and cats are left in the homes . In Calgary, a large city in Southern Alberta has their zoo beside one of the large rivers that run through the city. If the zoo starts going under water how on earth do you evacuate wild animals. :(

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/06/20/floods-wash-away-roads-in-canmore-close-trans-canada-highway-and-trigger-emergencies-across-southern-alberta/

Edited by Terrier lover

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I watched some coverage on the news tonight. So awful and it sounds like it could get worse. I can't imagine the heart-wrenching, helpless feeling of watching your home possibly wash away. I too always worry about the animals - both domestic and wild. My heart goes out to everyone in the area.

Edited by jo_

Jo, Jagger & Eddie

jagger_julytomarch.jpg

The weather has sure been an issue for a number of years now. There is always some horror going on. I feel sorry for those in the fires too. Count you blessings - you never know.

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

I hate it for all those people. We have had a good deal of flooding in our area, but nothing like that. I can"t imagine.

I agree with Dempsy's mom - seems like there is some kind of weather disaster going on every day.  Prayers to the folks in Alberta.