CairnTalk

Open - and training

Dirtdogs

first, big news!!  Toby and I finally earned our first open leg!!!   I am so happy about that! 

Second, I m looking for a recommendation for a trainer in the Central Ohio area that is willing to work with us.  (plse email, not sure if names should be posted or not)  I think we have a disconnect somewhere between the practice ring and the trial ring...  I can't pinpoint the issue and I was looking for help.  I was shocked last week when I was told three different times that they wouldn't work with us, because of the breed.   It made me mad, and more determined to succeed.

Kristi P

Central Ohio

• Like 1

Look at that Toby! What a great guy-  congratulations.

Hard for me to imagine a trainer not wanting to work with a dog that might be an interesting challenge for them.  :shock:

Go elsewhere. Do more good work and send them info as you triumph in the future! :D

Sorry no info on trainers in Ohio. We live in PA.

Congrats!  That's a wonderful accomplishment!

My new saying goes like this, "You don't know Cairns!"  There are a lot of negatives out there about our sweet pups, but it takes that special trainer to connect with a Cairn.

I'm certain that type of trainer will find you!

Again, congrats!

Please visit Dickens at "The Daily Dickens" at http://www.itsthedaughter.blogspot.com.

I suspect that those trainers who refused main issues was with the second half of the breed name and not the first.  

At least they were vocal about their prejudices, as I think if they did accept you as a client it would not be a good experience.  Keep looking.  I would seek out other terrier owners at workshops and trials in your area and find out who they train with.  You are sure to find someone that way who likes to work with a creative thinking dog and not automatons.   :devil:

You guys have worked hard and accomplished much...please don't let the haters get you down.   :qualify:

Edited by eastofeden
Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.