CairnTalk

Friends of Animals Foundation, Los Angeles,CA

Autumn & Lola

Hi all. I hope this is okay to post here.

I have recently been made aware of the horrendous conditions that animals are kept in, and the consistent neglect and abuse they suffer at the Friends of Animals Foundation in Los Angeles, CA.

I do not want to reveal my source, but suffice it to say that these are not meritless accusations. I personally have seen photographs and videos, as well as other documentation that made me sick. 

Friends of Animals Foundation is a no-kill shelter. The people who run it are hoarders. Adoptions are difficult to come by. Volunteers are fired/let go if they voice any concern over the care and treatment of the animals. There are dogs there that have barely been let out of their cages for 11 years, and some spend 23 hours a day in a cage, where they sit in their own urine and feces. A couple of the employees are downright evil maniacs. The dogs have been sprayed with cleaning chemicals in their eyes or noses, or with cold water to stop them from barking. Dogs have been beaten with chains. Dogs are punched in the face and kicked. Dogs are forced into tiny cages with other dogs as "punishment". Dogs have been left to suffer for months with serious injuries or conditions. Dogs near death are locked in a bathroom where they have been urinated upon, to die alone, scared and suffering. Dogs are rarely walked, and older/slower dogs are beaten and screamed at for not moving fast enough. Volunteers often pay to provide care for the animals, but often their efforts are rebuked and the "complaining volunteer" is banned from the premises. Despite tons of bedding and blankets donated to the shelter, the animals sleep on cold concrete, with no bedding in the cages, in a rat-infested room.

Documentation regarding the care, condition and temperament of the animals are often falsified to discourage adoption. Volunteers are told that Black and Hispanic applicants will not be considered.

Please spread the word and do not waste your hard earned money supporting this "shelter". Despite having a million dollars in donations, the owners deny these animals basic care and emergency treatment. People are pleading for a full investigation of this "shelter", but as of yet have not had their requests met.

Thank you,

Autumn

Autumn,

How do you know this?  There are lots of reputable organizations that can "out" people like this, a number of which

I am a member.  Ok with you if I forward this to them?

Tara

Update:  just emailed one of the "biggies".  Let's see what they say.

Edited by tlwtheq

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Autumn,

PETA is very interested in taking this case.  Do you have an email at which they can contact you?

Please PM me...I'll keep your info confidential as will they.

Tara

P.S. - they tried looking at the link to the message that I sent them...couldn't see it.

Alternately, you can email them at

cidinfo@peta.org  .   I guess you should mention my name, Tara Wilk.
Edited by tlwtheq

Max and Nelly

Hi Tara,

Thank you so much. I am going to email the gal who is organizing the case and will get back to you as soon as I hear from her.

There is an 8 hour time difference between her and I so it might be a while before I hear from her. I think it is only 3 a.m. in California at the moment.

Edited by Autumn & Lola

Autumn,

There is a new PM message for you and your contact.  PETA says they have worked this

case vigorously and would welcome new information.

For the animals....

Tara

Max and Nelly

Thanks Tara and Autumn for caring so much that you are willing to be a part of the solution. It takes people like you to help these defenseless animals and take action against these groups...