CairnTalk

Last straw/housebreaking

I'm not kidding!!! I have had it with my 6 month old puppy. He is certainly smart and can go long periods of time in the house without an accident (ha), but will also go at will. He is obedience trained, not nurotic in any way except that he eats his poop if given the opportunity. We have had several dogs (all large breeds) and this is just beyond me. Is this normal????????? Someone told me that their male had problems around the time he was neutered. Kudzu was neutered last week and has been particularily bad.

I love him more than I can say, but I will NOT have a dog in the house who cannot be houdebroken.

Any suggestions welcome. Also, if it is particularily difficult to housebreak a male cairn please let me know. Any hope you can give me would be appreciated.

I can certainly understand your problem with the housebreaking issue. My Carin is now one year old and we have had our share of accidents in the house. We even came really close to actually giving him away. It has been about four months now and so far, he has not had an accident in the house. Matter of fact, he usually tells us when he has to go out. We have even left him alone in the house for a few hours to test him and he has passed. Hopefully, he will not go back to his old habits again. As for the "poop eating" he has not graduated from that yet. He eats his poop all the time and I don't know how to break him. Good luck with your housebreaking, it does take awhile.

from the neutering, and not back to himself yet. I can imagine that it is quite painful and Kudzu, could be sore in the area or maybe a little inflamed. Call the vet and ask him, if your little pup is in pain, he will not be acting like himself and may kind of go back on his housebreaking progress.

Posey

hi iam answering you to the poop eating our cairn also does that he is a year old.....the vet said just be there to pick it up....as for the housebreaking he still wets on carpet...not fully trained yet:(

I'm not kidding!!! I have had it with my 6 month old puppy.  He is certainly smart and can go long periods of time in the house without an accident (ha), but will also go at will.  He is obedience trained, not nurotic in any way except that he eats his poop if given the opportunity.  We have had several dogs (all large breeds) and this is just beyond me.  Is this normal????????? Someone told me that their male had problems around the time he was neutered.  Kudzu was neutered last week and has been particularily bad.  

I love him more than I can say, but I will NOT have a dog in the house who cannot be houdebroken.  

Any suggestions welcome.  Also, if it is particularily difficult to housebreak a male cairn please let me know.  Any hope you can give me would be appreciated.

:(

Archived