CairnTalk

Sleep Stuck Around The Eye

kavon

Bella has this black stuff (sleep) around here one eye. It's from sleeping I guess. What would be a save way to remove it? It gets stuck into her hair. I made the mistake two weeks ago and pulled it until off. This along with hair came off. Her skin was red and exposed afterwards-never again that way...

Thanks,

Petsmart etc. also carry something called 'eye wipes' or simlar that work very well. A warm washcloth is also effective - we got the eye wipes when someone mentioned that they also work for getting slug slime off of puppy lips :sick:

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I admit I just pick the black bits off - thank goodness not too much builds up (though my pup cannot stand when mommy is pulling the black bits off!) before removal.

It seems that only one of my dogs has this problem and I just take it off with my fingers everyday when I am petting him. It doesn't seem to get too stuck when I do it frequently but if I leave it too long it really gets matted into his hair.

We call them "eye boogies"...hehe!

And, this is r-e-a-l-l-y gross......my oldest wants to eat them! Yes, you read correctly, eat them.

And.....now the youngest wants to eat them, too, as she thinks Toto is getting a 'treat' :sick: .

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

"...And.....now the youngest wants to eat them, too, as she thinks Toto is getting a 'treat' ..."

:D

that's funny!

The first time, Wes had a lot of "eye pick" and we had to wet it with a washcloth to get it loose. I think he had an allergy last year because now there isn't so much and I just pick it off everyday. He doesn't mind.

Scout and Finch get the "boogies" too. I gently pull them off every day when I am petting them. I think if you do it often, you won't have trouble with the heavy build up. My two always give me the look as if to say, "what? this again?"

Guest Tototoo

Its not just for cairns my horse gets eye boogies too "super-sized"

YUCK - but he likes to sneak up on you and wipe them down your back -Can't stress it enough YUCK :devil:

K

Archived