CairnTalk

quick stripping video

onesojourner

Hmmm...I'll have to try this! How do you get that dog to just lie there? I got Ellie's back stripped but that's all she will let me do. DH is able to pull a bit. She really bites and growls at me, def. more than at dh.

I loved seeing the technique where you fluff it and then pull. I definitely don't have that technique. DH thinks I pull too hard!

Great demo of how to isolate and pull just a few hairs at a time. Also giving the dog periodic breaks in the form of a little massages so that they know not every touch is a yank. Hard to pull in the direction the coat grows from some angles, but I think most of us would love a dog who lays that quietly for some quality grooming time. Nice job! Thanks for posting it!

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys. This part of his back is the easiest. I Start with the head then move on to the feet and legs. Those are the hardest part so I start there. It usually takes me about 2 weeks of several 5-10 min sessions a day to get done. He has been through this every 6 months or so when I first stripped his puppy coat.