CairnTalk

Anyone else practically dying from allergies this year?

hheldorfer

Has this been a horrible spring/summer for allergies or is it just me? I'm in northern Illinois and have had several days when I could barely drag myself out of bed. Sore throat, congestion, sinus headaches, sneezing . . . it's been going on since February/March and doesn't seem to be getting any better. I'm going to make an appointment with an allergist and look into allergy shots. This is cutting into my outdoor time with Buffy and Ziggy, so something has to be done!

Lets not forget the puffy bags under the eyes. It's not just you. It has been awful for us in Tennessee also. My oldest has been on the shots for a little over a year and I will have to say they have helped him a lot. He use to sound like he had pneumonia year round. He would cough terribly, sneeze, the works. Now he sneezes and feels a little better, rarely coughs. My youngest son and I have been the ones to suffer most this year, and neither one of us has had bad allergy problems in the past. Use to it was just a couple of weeks in the Spring and Fall. this year it has been non stop since Feb., and nothing is helping.

I hope we all start feeling better soon!

Not that I'm happy you're having the same problems, Lynn, but I'm glad to know it's not just me. I made the doctor's appointment today and will see him next week. I'm definitely considering the shots if he thinks it will help. I'm tired of feeling miserable and not being able to do the outdoor things I like. :confused:

Yep...they've been pretty terrible here, too! I actually work at a doctor's office that has the allergy immunotherapy shots & am considering doing it...my insurance just doesn't cover it fully.

But it's not even just me...Tanner's allergies have been worse this year, too. He's waking up with worse eye boogers than ever before & is just more itchy...hoping it all just goes away soon!

Becky & Tanner