CairnTalk

Puppy Potty Apartments

Dempsy's Mom

http://modernpuppies.com/onepaymentdiscount.aspx

This is the site for puppy potty apartments.

I started this topic on Cairn Life - no responces. Hmmm. I am still interested if anyone has tried these. Do you guys think these are a good idea or do you think the pups will never learn to go outside? For busy people I thought it wasn't a bad idea.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

No experience with them, but I guess I wonder about the conceptual overlap with 'den' crates. I do find wire crates hard to clean if potty gets into the wire. I do know people who use litter boxes for dogs (with special dog litter) and some love them. I've never been brave enough to raise up a puppy or litter using the, uh, litter.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Because I live in a city crowded with high-rise buildings, I know the difficulties of getting a dog, (especially a puppy) out for a potty break. Waiting for a slow elevator, sharing the elevator car with another dog(s), making multiple stops on different floors, etc. Even when you finally arrive at the lobby, you may sometimes have to walk almost the length of a block to get through some of the larger lobbies. Some buildings don't allow dogs in the lobbies at all and you must take a circuitous route through the basement before finally getting out to the street!

Luckily for me, I'm on the ground floor of a small apartment house, But I imagine people on high floors in tall buildings would consider these "puppy apartments" as a convenience.

Re Dempsy's Mom's question... I can't know for sure, but I can only assume that these crates won't interfere with a puppy's learning to go outside anymore than traditional crate - or paper training would.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Archived