CairnTalk

40 minute man. . .

FL Frey

Ok, get your minds out of the gutter! :devil:

Barnum (male 15weeks) pees SO much more than Baylee (female 10months) did at the same age. It seemd like every 10 minutes. . .

During the day when I work, they both are gated into the kitchen which has tile floors, and he's really good about peeing on the pee pad.

BUT when I'm home he won't even look at the pee pad. :mad:

I've learned a little trick to help me. I set the alarm on my cell phone for 40 minutes, and as soon as it goes off, we RUN to the yard. SO FAR, he's only had a few accidents but I can't wait until he's able to hold it longer. Do you know how fast 40 minutes goes by???

Kim

Any chance he has a bladder infection? Although come to think of it, there were times when Jagger was just a few months old that she'd go several times in an hour. I started to monitor her water intake and had a "no water after 7:30 pm" rule unless we had returned from a walk or some serious playtime.

Jo, Jagger & Eddie

jagger_julytomarch.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Barnum went to vet Wednesday and test show he does have a urinary tract infection. it's not serious, but he's got antiobiotics to take for 14 days.

Not glad he's got a issue, but I'm releived it's not just a behaviour issue.

Mine have never had a UTI, but I have heard they usually clear up with easily with the meds. I understand your relief...behavioral issues are not always easy to break!

Jo, Jagger & Eddie

jagger_julytomarch.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Barnum has almost completed 2 weeks of medication for his UTI. Setting my phone alarm every 40 minutes, i take him out and he will do his business. He gets praise and treats each time he goes outside. And we walk twice a day for 20-30 minutes and we will pee several times during the walk. I take treats on the walk as well. I cant tell you how many times we have come in the house after peeing, and he will pee again within 10 minutes. Aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Archived