CairnTalk

Thank you thank you thank you!

_whits_

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone on this forum, and especially those who have posted in this section. Addie is 4 months and 3 weeks old now, and she's been 100% potty trained for three weeks now. I know without a doubt that Addie and I would NOT have achieved this without me pouring over this forum and reading everyone's advice, frustrations, and struggles. It gave me the knowledge I needed to start the potty training process effectively from the moment I brought Addie home, and the hope and courage to keep going while she figured it all out. So a heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone here. I would be lost without this forum.

That being said, Addie and I are moving in a couple of months, and I'm anticipating some back-tracking as she settles in to the new environment.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Good for you & Addie!!! That's a major achievement! You guys make a good team & obviously have already figured out how to communicate. And Addie is obviously a very good girl. Make sure you give her some extra hugs & kisses!! Supposedly, Cairns are notoriously difficult to house train but Addie has shown that this isn't always true. Finn was also super easy to teach bathroom manners. Thank heaven 'cause he wasn't so easy with his puppy antics. Isn't the forum great?!?! Can't imagine raising a Cairn puppy without the help of everyone here! I, for one, don't think I could've survived with any sanity left if not for this forum :) Congratulations!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Well done to both you and Addie! Great team work. You never know, she may surprise you and be a good girl when you move.

Scruffy was 4 and half months when he was completely house trained and I thought that was pretty quick!

Congratulations :thumbsup:

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Wonderful Addie - yes seems you are all grown up now what with being potty trained. I too have always enjoyed the members on this forum as my family may think I'm a few cards short of a deck at times.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

I'm sure when you first make the move, all it will take is a visit outside to the "potty spot" with a whole lot of effusive "Good Potty's" and "Good DOG'S" directed at your little prodigy and Addie will make the transitions well. Your new neighbors might be scratching their heads and thinking "There goes the neighborhood!" at the sight of a new resident jumping up and down clapping and braying praises to a little dog but, what the hey, we Cairn people have our priorities--right?

It's been almost three months since she was potty trained and I've decided her swift learning in that department was to keep me from going absolutely mental in light of her horrid behaviour on a leash since day one. But we're working on it!

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

• 2 weeks later...

I have been pretty lucky with Rudy, he will be 10 weeks this coming weekend and completely crate trained plus he sleeps the whole night without a sound. Knock on wood to this point he has not had an accident in the house but I am sure the day will come.

Archived