CairnTalk

Tucker Update

wheezie23

I wanted to give y'all an update on Tucker and his skin condition. I took him to the vet last week and he tested him again for mites and mange and both came up negative. He said it was seborria (sp?) and recommended that I start using a lye and sulphur rinse on Tucker once a week for the next month. He also said that the Brewer's yeast and Omega 3 supplements I was giving him was great. :thumbsup: I've got Tucker completely off wheat. He's eating the Nutro Oatmeal/Rice/Chicken formula and loves it. His stool is firm now with no signs of diarrhea. Although the rinse turns him a funny yellow color for a day, the flaking has decreased immensely! His skin is becoming a nice opaque with very little ashiness. I noticed his new coat is starting to come in where it had been scaly before too. (it's very red, too!)

I just want to thank all of you for all the help, encouragement and advice you've given to me. Tucker is such a wonderful little guy. I'm so happy that he's starting to feel better as well as look healthy, too. :D

Thela

So glad to hear it. This forum is a God-send when I have questions, concerns or just need to chat about my "babies". Like I've mentioned before, we seem like one big Cairn-loving family sometimes with PaPa Brad leading the pack. B)

Thela,

So glad to hear that Tucker is doing so much better and things are getting back to normal for both of you. I know that you must be very relieved.

MikeC

Archived