CairnTalk

Mom, you forgot something!

hheldorfer

It's been a long, busy weekend at our house - garage sale here Friday and Saturday, then a Fathers Day celebration today. On top of it I haven't been feeling my best this week and, by the time my stepson left this afternoon, I was completely exhausted. I filled the dogs' bowls with kibble for their dinner and collapsed into my recliner. Less than a minute went by before Ziggy started making his little "Ruff!" noise; his version of "Ahem!" to get my attention. I looked back toward his dog dish and he was just sitting there, looking back at me. I said "Ziggy, your bowl is full. Eat your dinner!" Again, I heard the "Ruff!" I ignored it. "Ruff-Ruff!", he said. I looked at him again. He pawed at his dog dish, stomped his little paws on the floor and said "RUFF!"

DH said "Did you put any green beans in the dish with his dinner?"

Oops!

I got up, opened a can of green beans and rectified the problem immediately. Ziggy happily devoured his food and all was well at last.

I won't be forgetting THAT again!

thumbsup.gif Ziggy, bless him. They make me laugh when they do the little 'ruff' to get your attention and like you say, it is really our version of 'ahem'

Hope you're felling a bit better soon.original.gif

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

I did not realize that the "ruff" to get our attention was done by other cairns too. I never had a dog do that before. Usually means I am bored!!!!!!! take me outside and play. Funny.

Love that Ziggy missed his green beans. You can't get anything past these guys. they are so smart.

cairn terriers leave pawprints on our lives

Ziggy's not even the Cairn in the family - he's our Silky Terrier/Shi Tzu mix - but I'm sure Buffy has taught him well. :whistle:

I do think they are all the same. Layla hates it when we don't pay attention to her 24/7. My poor leather couch is now abused with all the scratches. I'm sorry to hear that you are doing poorly - sure hope it is only temporary and you will be back to your old self soon. (I didn't really mean old - in that sense! grin)

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

I do think they are all the same. Layla hates it when we don't pay attention to her 24/7. My poor leather couch is now abused with all the scratches. I'm sorry to hear that you are doing poorly - sure hope it is only temporary and you will be back to your old self soon. (I didn't really mean old - in that sense! grin)

Ah, but I feel SO :censored: old sometimes! I think it's my allergies causing the problem and it's making me miserable, especially because I love being outside working in the garden. (I do it anyway, of course!) I'm feeling a little better today and hoping that the torrential rain we've been having washes the pollen out of the air.

Thanks for your good wishes.

• 7 months later...

know this topic is nearly a year old,but had to comment. About three days after we got Keira, she plopped on herr back, jumped up,growled and ran to the treat jar. Didn't realise other cairns did that too. That completely captivated my hubby and she has had his love and attention ever since.

Archived