CairnTalk

What breeds are they?

Hagar

There are dogs in a couple of commercials that have a resemblance to our Cairns but are definitely NOT cairns. Can anyone help with the breeds?

The first one is the dog in in the Traveler's Insurance commercial where the dog is so worried about his favorite bone. He tries burying it, putting it in a safety deposit box and finally gets the Traveler's Insurance. The dog looks a lot like a Cairn but is quite a bit bigger and he looks like he's either white or a very light wheaten color.

Others that I'm curious about are the dogs in the Beneful dog food commercials. There are three dogs used in commercials for different Beneful products. All three of them are very cute dogs that appear to have some terrier in them but I have no Idea what breeds they are either.

Any ideas?

Bradl, I'm the same way. The Traveler's commercial is one of the few that I don't usually fast forward through. I tend to watch the Beneful commercials too.

I went online and looked it up - in the Travelers commercial they say he is a Wheaton Terrier and in the Beneful commercial they say it's a mix with Terrier in it. So we are no further ahead as we already knew that.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Brad. It's one of the few commercials that I actually watch. The dog is so expressive and the song is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new Travellers commercial out with that same dog in it. This time he fetchs the newspaper and reads the headline that there is a cat-burgler on the loose. So he is worried about his bone & toys and stays in the dog house...until he gets Travellers insurance. Very cute (Maybe not so cute as the "Trouble" one...but that dog is adorable)/

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

Archived