CairnTalk

Is my dog a cairn terrier?

Schizodeluxe

Hi. Me and my g/f got a dog about 10 months ago and were told it was a cross jack russell. What it was crossed with we didnt know and has been bugging me ever since. Lots of speculation abounded but then someone at work told me she might possibly be a cairn terrier after I showed him a photo. Never heard of cairn terriers and after a bit of research and a few photo finds on the net, I wondered if my dog was possibly a mix Cairn terrier. So was wondering if anyone here could help me in answering if my dog is indeed a cairn terrier, would certaintly explain a lot. Here are some pics, shes a year old now. Thanks.

63-apr.jpg

69-may.jpg

Shes great to be with, and a big personality, loves attention, will seek it from anyone and everyone and is a burst of energy, never lets up. People call her crazy but shes a great little dog.

Idaho Cairns

I agree, the dog sure looks like it has some Cairn in it. I think your co-worker was correct.

You have my vote too. Looking at her face/eyes in that first picture says cairn to me plus your description of her personality. Aren't they a trip!!

I'm going to jump in too and say yes - she certainly has Cairn in her. Her personality sounds like a Cairn as well. Welcome to the forum and glad to hear how she fills your life and home.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Yes, looks like a Cairn.

Tell us, does your Dog:

Around 7pm-8pm every night run around the coffee table...perhaps in a figure 8 configuration?

Feel the need to arrange and re-arrange a blanket or pillow before laying down?

Unable to properly howl... it comes out like a oh oh oh ?

Look at you like "I have no clue what your talking about" when you say COME?

These are a few of my favorite Cairn traits.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Yes, looks like a Cairn.

Tell us, does your Dog:

Around 7pm-8pm every night run around the coffee table...perhaps in a figure 8 configuration?

Feel the need to arrange and re-arrange a blanket or pillow before laying down?

Unable to properly howl... it comes out like a oh oh oh ?

Look at you like "I have no clue what your talking about" when you say COME?

These are a few of my favorite Cairn traits.

Except for the first one, pretty much spot on lol!

Thanks for the replies, nice to get some kind of feedback on this, much appreciated.

Yes, her face has beautiful ears that string out from the sides of him just like Fonzy!!!.... Also can you give us some pics of her/his tail? I bet it looks like a bananna shape, just like our fonzy, lol honestly it looks like it's related to fonzy, lol thats funny :D

Very cute dog!!

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!

Yes, her face has beautiful ears that string out from the sides of him just like Fonzy!!!.... Also can you give us some pics of her/his tail? I bet it looks like a bananna shape, just like our fonzy, lol honestly it looks like it's related to fonzy, lol thats funny :D

Very cute dog!!

Yep her tail does curl like a banana, when its not wagging of course!

Our family has been looking for ages to find a dog that looks likes our, (years on the interneT) and i think we finally found it on this post, thanks :D what a cutie, must be mixed with something though

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!

• 1 month later...

i agree, onside is definitely cairn. it seems reasonable to me that the other side is jack russell. if so, you are in for quite a ride.

can't wait to see the double act with fonzy. they do look a bit separated at birth.

I think your cutie looks part Cairn, part Papillon (the long, butterfly hair on the ears). But who really knows, lol!

Archived