CairnTalk

Is it possible to use 2 crates?

JohnS33

Hi We are expecting our 8 week old - as yet to be named -- cairn to come home with us next week. We have crate trained successfully before, but now, being a little older ourselves, are worried about having to carry the crate up and down from the bedroom each morning/evening - can we use 2 separate crates, one upstairs and one downstairs or will the little one be confused by having 2 dens? Thx- John

Idaho Cairns

My first reaction is that it shouldn't make any difference--my little one has a crate in her bedroom and has recreated it in the living room by crawling under a table to get behind the couch. I'm betting your little dog can trained to use two crates as easily as one. Cairns don't confuse easily.

The more the merrier. We have crates in kitchen, in the hallway/family room, in my office, in Peggy's office, in both cars, and a four-stack in the RV. Anywhere we typically need or want one. Definitely no need to lug a crate up and down stairs.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I don't think it will make a difference - as the puppy is so young, they are adaptable to situations. As this will be the norm for it right from the word go....I shouldn't think it will be a problem. Welcome to the forum and should you have other concerns, we'll be here for you. However, there is one condition - pictures are a must cause we love puppies.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

We used 3 crates one for car and one on each floor of house. Never had a problem.

cairn terriers leave pawprints on our lives

Archived