CairnTalk

2010 AKC Event & Title Statistics

eastofeden

AKC has posted the 2010 statistics:

http://www.akc.org/pdfs/events/statistics/2010/EventTitleStats.pdf

Looks like fewer folks are doing things with their cairns these days. I contributed to at least two of the obedience titles.....

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

I think there are probably more doing agility and even earthdog.

Linda
MACH3 Red Lion Springin Miss Macho CDX RAE OF ME
Marquee Cairnoch Glintofmacho CD RE MX MXJ OF ME

Glenmore Hjour Summer Sun

Oh indeed. I forgot to add those. Which is dumb seeing as how we're digging in the dens tomorrow for our annual spring test!

Junior Earthdog = 2

Senior Earthdog = 6

Master Earthdog = 1

Endurance Earthdog = 4

Endurance Earthdog x 2 = 2

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Oh indeed. I forgot to add those. Which is dumb seeing as how we're digging in the dens tomorrow for our annual spring test!

Junior Earthdog = 2

Senior Earthdog = 6

Master Earthdog = 1

Endurance Earthdog = 4

Endurance Earthdog x 2 = 2

My eyes of course went straight to earthdog. Outside of the border terriers cairns were represented well when compared with other terrier breeds and dachshunds in Endurance Earthdogs. Border terriers owners are definitely more enthusiastic across the country entering earthdog tests and raking in the titles. We need more cairn owners working the dens. Cairn terriers are excellent earthdogs!

NW cairns earned the only Master title, 3 of 4 EE titles and both EE2 titles. In fact, only 6 dogs in the US earned EE2 awards. Two were Dachshunds. Cairns earned 1/2 of the EE2 terrier totals!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

CO has the most agility cairns I think

Linda
MACH3 Red Lion Springin Miss Macho CDX RAE OF ME
Marquee Cairnoch Glintofmacho CD RE MX MXJ OF ME

Glenmore Hjour Summer Sun

• 5 weeks later...

there are a lot of Borders here in ohio doing earthdog. There is only one other person I see from Central Ohio at ED, very rarely, and one from KY, with a Cairn. I get a little lonely!

anyway... I am usually the ONLY person with a Cairn at an Obed trial. I say usually because every once in a while I run into the lady from KY. Right now I am so trying to finish the GN and go into Open, one leg down, two to go!! Roxy has one leg left to get for BN, then I will try her in Novice. She is starting to come out of that shell she built, so we are making progress of getting back into the ring. I can say for a dog that had lost confidence and started ro really stink it up and totally shut down in the ring... the BN class has helped greatly to overcome some of that. Maybe now we can start to move on again.

I last year we contributed an RAE and a CD !!!! WHOOO HOOO !! (yes I am bragging, I am so proud of my Toby.)

BIG Congrats to all on that title list!

Kristi

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived