CairnTalk

Got a Pup

2littleterrors

Finally found the perfect dog for my husband to train for search and rescue work. Cash (as in Johnny Cash!) is a 12 wk old AKC yellow lab puppy. He's every bit as adorable as you would expect him to be, and smart, too boot! When we got him at 11 wks, he could already come when called and sit on command. In the the we've had him, he has learned "drop it," "leave it" and fetch and release. When you call him he comes straight to you and automatically sits directly in front of you, eyes on your face.

The kids absolutely love him!! And he, them! Gabbie (the husky lab mix) mothers him and is helping teach him his manners. Hollie likes to play with him when she's in the mood, but doesn't like to be bothered if she sleeping. And Kenzie absolutely cannot stand him!! Little usurper! I think once he's big enough to play out in the back yard, she won't mind romping with him, but she firmly believes romping should be left outdoors, and inside is for snuggling and sleeping!

post-5180-0-55466700-1302980538_thumb.jp

The only thing better than owning a Cairn is owning two!

That's a beautiful pup! I love labs! They are a joy to train, aren't they? They are so eager to please and so easy going!! I think Cairns and labs make a good combo! Congratulations!

What a beautiful pup - love the name. Now why can't our Cairns be that obedient? Huh? Good luck with your new family member.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Now why can't our Cairns be that obedient? Huh?

'Cuz then they wouldn't be Cairns!

Our boys LOVE to play with Labs. The Labs are always so good with them, getting just rough enough that the boys think it's great fun, but they never take advantage of their size. Kirby can get really rough with them and he's even backed them down, but they take it really well. Have fun with your new baby!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Cash is a beautiful pup! I hope to see pictures some day of the whole "gang". Wouldn't it be wonderful if only the cairn could be 1/2 as obedient as the labs & goldens?

Archived