CairnTalk

Doggy Dandruff

wheezie23

Tucker has a little problem. :( Two days after I brought him home, I told y'all how he started with flaky skin. Well, we initially thought it was from the flea spray the breeder said she used on him. But it's almost two weeks later and he's still got it. It's almost like a peel, really, rather than just flaky skin. It's dry in places. His skin seems a little too pink in spots and his coat is a little thin in places too. The vet said it wasn't mange, and it didn't appear to be allergy related, but now I'm not so sure. Has anyone else seen this? If I don't go over him with a flea comb to loosen the dead skin, he leaves dandruff all over the place. It's pretty gross. :sick: Like I said, right now he's on Nutro, he gets a Brewer's yeast supplement with Omega 3, but is there anything else I can try, or should I just wait it out? He's not itching too much so I don't think it's really bothering him. Thanks in advance!

thela

I know this sounds far fetched but could it be something that he's lying or sleeping on that could cause a skin reaction? Maybe a blanket or bedding material or just the detergent that it was washed in. I'm thinking that route because you say it started right after you brought him home.

Keep us posted.... :confused:

Archived