CairnTalk

Getting the dog to eat his vitamins

littlelily7

I just bought some pet chews plus vitamins for my 18 pound dog. What is the best way to get him to eat them? He chews it for a minute then spits it out. I have tried putting it in the food bowl. It doesn't seem to work very well.

Yes, Velvetta was made with fussy dogs in mind. I give Winnie her antihistimine pill hidden in a ball of cheese and it's down before I can say, "Yum"!

I must have one of the fussiest dogs!! :( (She eats her heartworm pill fine) - She won't eat cheese - have you ever met a dog who didn't LOVE cheese - not velveeta, not american, not cheddar, not ANY kind!!!

But back on topic - I would agree that almost any dog would eat a pill wrapped in peanut butter or cheese!!

Liverwurst frosting?!!..............on bologna cupcakes, ooh yum! :whistle: Sorry, too much Starbucks this morning! Pills with a little peanut butter around it, or stuffed in a piece of hot dog work really well with Duffy.

MikeC

Archived