CairnTalk

Can I ask for opinions about a specific puppy?

tomatosandwich

Am I allowed to post a pic of a potential puppy and ask for your thoughts? This breeder has been so friendly and patient with me, and this puppy is the one she picked for me. It's 11 weeks old; I could get him this weekend.

So, why ask for opinions?

1. I'm inexperienced in picking a healthy puppy. (My old lab was the sickly runt that the breeder had cast aside as an acceptable loss. So, I took him home to save him. ) Every puppy is adorable to me, so it would help to have a non-emotional opinion interjected.

2. It would help to hear others oooh and ahhh over the pup to keep me motivated as I hop in the car to make a 5 hour trip there and back--in the snow--for a puppy I've never met in person.

As long as the picture is not "branded" with the kennel name and there is no implied endorsement or recommendation of the breeder, post away.

I've never been able to see health in a picture, but like most folks here I could look at Cairn pics all day, puppies included. :)

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thank you! And I'm sorry I'm so bad at getting things in the right forum! I guess I assumed I'd get an answer and post on that thread. But this makes more sense. Thanks for your answer!

No worries. Heck, thanks for even asking. Moving stuff around is trivial and is really mostly a favor to future browsers. I suspect most of us who read via the "View New Content" link barely even notice where a post came from (and it scarcely matters) - but I do know some folks browse via the forums directly, so for them I try to be at least vaguely tidy. Truly, it's a minor housekeeping thing and no big deal.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived