CairnTalk

The best puppy chews...

kayharley

I'm already starting to get my puppy check list ready but wonder what all of you consider to be the best puppy chews/play toys? Safe, relatively indestructable...

I know what my 1 year old does to a chew toy :shock:

Why do I feel like I'm becoming a new mother all over again? This should be old hat to me, no? :confused:

Worst part is I still have 6 weeks to go before I get the little guy.

Hi Shoe....no, I have yet to see them at either of those stores.

I used to purchase them at the smaller locally owned type stores. But, since we got Piper, we were going thru alot more and it got very expensive (they are $1.99 each @ stores for the 6 inch). So, I started buying on eBay.

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

I vote for the bully stick too! Duffy loved them. I got them at Premium Pet. Also, the little "mini" kongs are good too for being fairly indestructable.

MikeC

Bully sticks are great but my lil' guy goes through them pretty quickly. How do y'all adjust the amount of food you feed your pups during regular meals to compensate for the bully sticks?

Also, has anyone found a bully stick that doesn't stink when they are wet from being chewed?

I found the 6" Bully Sticks at my local Petco, but not at Petsmart. They were $2.49 each, kinda high, but I like immediate gratification, so I bought it. (even tho I'm not the one being gratified! lol) Tucker really likes it.

thela

Oh man, I am SOOOOO grossed out :confused: .....LOL!

I didn't know what bully sticks actually were until I just did a search for them on the net. And I thought pig ears were disgusting :nono: I'm glad I ate dinner before I did that search. :D

I get Calli's bully sticks Waggin Tails. They are $5 for a 12" but they last a lot longer than any that I have ever purchased at any pet store (at least for Calli - and she chews for hours). I find that they don't have too bad of a smell - I only really smell them if I put my nose up to it. We HAVE to have a bully stick in the house at all times or Calli goes crazy - she won't chew on nylabones or anything else - just the bully stick - and it is her "social" activity with the family while we watch a movie, etc. (Although if she doesn't have a bully stick she will go for a chair or a shoe . . . ;)

It looks like they are running short at Waggin Tails, though - I know Brad wrote that he got his from Sitstay.com - I may have to go there . . .

Scully's Mom....I'm with you and do not want to read the ingredients in that particular choice of chew.

My daughter (married and on her own, thank God) had a pet pig and not only did we have problems on Easter serving ham or breakfasts at our house with bacon, pig ears were a taboo subject in our house. I never bought them for my girls because I heard they caused major stomach distress with bacteria and such but with all the hype over these bullie sticks I thought they must be something terrific!! :shock:

Maybe I'll stick to Milkbones... :lol:

Archived