CairnTalk

Photos - gallery and posts

KrisBern

Is there a reason why I cannot add photos to my gallery in my profile, or add an attachment to a post? I tried to find member status restrictions that could perhaps explain why I can't share photos, but was unable to find any such rules or restrictions...

You should be able to attach photos to posts, within the size limits permitted (various messages will tell you how much of your allotment you have left, and the max sizes for any one image, etc.). You are in the group "Registered" so you should have permissions.

Public posting to the Gallery is limited to a couple of specific theme albums: Senior Citizens, Fall, Winter. I don't have any way (that I know of) to turn off the misleading Gallery link within our individual profiles. Because the forum had no Gallery at all for many years, we've used one subforum (Member Gallery) for that purpose, with each member who wants to creating a topic with their screen name. Only the topic "owner" will post photos to that topic.

Hope that helps. If you have troubles with attachments, let us know the steps you are doing and at which point you get what error or result. I tend to use remote hosting instead of attachments, so I have to re-teach myself every time I try an attachment myself. Some folks are quite good at it and between all of us, we'll get you posting photos!

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thank you for the prompt response. Funny thing is, my very first post I was able to upload a photo, but after that, I tried uploading a photo in a response and I could browse, select add attachment, but then it wouldn't add the attachment, it would only clear my attachment from the file upload field.

As for the gallery, I select create an album, and then receive an error message telling me I don't have permission to do that. I'd be happy to let you log in as me to try the features if you like.

ETA: this is the error message I get when I try to create an album in my gallery:

An Error Occurred Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

#1072] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Useful Links

•Forgotten Password Recovery

•Register a new account

•Our help documentation

•Contact the forums administrator

Yep, regarding the gallery, as I probably didn't explain very well in my reply no one (other than site administrators and CTCA members) can create galleries; public posting is limited to those special galleries I named.

For attachments, I often flail around a bit before I notice the "Add to Post" link (step 3) way off to the right:

post-3-0-62778700-1295400110_thumb.png

Clicking that adds the necessary code to your post:

[attachment=4578:attach.png]

If you then Preview, you should see the image as it will be posted.

Hope that helps!

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

You know what, I think I may be having browser issues. I recently "upgraded" to IE9 Beta and it is awful. I'm in firefox right now, and the view is different. Thank you for you help, and I'll let you know if I have any further difficulties!

Archived