CairnTalk

Spitting up?

kayharley

Over the last couple of weeks both my girls have been spitting up...not necessarily food but more bile/clear liquids. I talked with my vet and we have both of them on worming medication. My younger Cairn, Madison, is a terror on the stone wall where the chipmunks/squirrels play and where the birdbath is. I questioned whether she could have gotten some type of worm/parasite from being a nosy Cairn.

Anyway, we'll see if this medication works. If not, then it will be blood tests to rule out other considerations.

They both are acting normal, eating normal, playing normal and looking normal...a good sign. But being a nervous "mother" I want them 100% healthy.

I can't believe how I worry about my girls. :wub:

Hi Kay,

I think the girls will be just fine. It is our nature as animal lovers to worry about our pets and want them to be in the very best of health. I am just like you. The least little abnormal, or what I think might be abnormal thing that goes on with Duffy, I immediately take him to the Vet. I could not do more for him if he were a human child. My thoughts are with you and your girls. They will be just fine.

MikeC

My 5 month old, Finch threw up, for the first time, this morning. I didn't even know her stomach could hold so much! She had thrown up in her crate, some time during the night. and had just had some water....no food! I really worried about her, but she seemed just a spunky as usual. I didn't feed her breakfast and she had dinner a few hours ago. So far so good. It's hard when they are sick. If she has problems tomorrow I will take her to the vet.

Good luck and let us know how your babies are doing.

Guest abbycairn

Have you checked the fluid they are throwing up for plant matter, like grass? My dogs sometimes go through periods where they eat grass and most of the time it makes them throw up.

Stacey

What I'm making note of is that Winnie has been sneezing alot lately and then she gets into this mode where she does what a person would do when they want to bring up phlem (I know...gross when it's a human, not gross when it's a dog) Kind of like a clearing of the throat but that's when she spits up the bile/phlem.

I'm wondering if dogs have sinus problems....I know I do and our house has been air-conditioned since the start of "hot season", June.

Anyway, I'm taking her to the vet Monday morning and we'll see what happens. Maybe it's just something seasonal.

God awful thought.......what if Winnie is allergic to Madison?

:shock:

Archived