CairnTalk

A brief survey

Guest Tototoo

Too Many - I loved hearing about your pups - Toto is learning about soxs and really enjoys a good game of psycho dog to catch him with one.

Chewy - ours is actually a horse toy bought at any horse supply store - maybe even petsmart has them and they can't pop, I've seen the smaller ones at petsmart. They can actually smash down, but will come right back and I've never had a dog ever chew one up. Ours is probably about 10 years old and has been through horses, dogs and now Toto.

K

Chewy - ours is actually a horse toy bought at any horse supply store - maybe even petsmart has them and they can't pop, I've seen the smaller ones at petsmart. They can actually smash down, but will come right back and I've never had a dog ever chew one up. Ours is probably about 10 years old and has been through horses, dogs and now Toto

Not to show my stupidity, well...okay, maybe I am - but I'm curious about this toy. I'm trying to place what it would look like. Is it like a stuffed toy or something? Anything that Scully can't sink her teeth into and rip is a good thing!

It is like a rubber ball with a handle, kids use them to bounce on, if they can get it away from Chewy!

I am going to look for the one that is meant for horses because I had bought one that was meant for dogs and it was to hard and heavy for him and he didn't like it as much. It was smaller than a hoppity hop too, so I thought it would be better, I was wrong!

Thanks for the info! Chewy thanks you too!!

Scully's Mom - look under KV Vet Supply.com

under TACK - Jolly ball. they have a nice picture and the price is about right. You might get them cheaper at a tack store this way you don't have to pay for shipping.

This toy is very Toto approved. :P

K

Hi, I'm from South Jersey.

I got Buttercup 12 yrs ago for my birthday.

As far as house breaking, she was head strong. She fought me all the way. We would walk outside for 45 mins to an hour, & nothing, we'd walk back into the house & she'd find a nice spot when I wasn't looking, & do her duty!!! Then one day when she felt that she had me trained, she never had another accident in the house! And she can hold it in for up to 14 hrs. If it's raining outside, she's not!

She's my first Cairn, Cody was my second, He was born with heart defects. 95%

of the dogs with his problems didn't see their 2nd birthday, he was almost 6 when we lost him. I enjoyed Buttercup so much, that I got Cody the next year for my birthday. Cairns are the greatest dogs!!!

Neither of my babies had a problem seeing in the dark. But after Cody died Buttercup has a problem with noises. All kinds of noises.

Her favorite toys are a pink ball, (or the remnents of a pink ball) & a hedgehog.

She has lots of toys, but they are her favorites. She likes the soft fabric type toys. Has no use for the vinyl type.

She only jumps on me when she wants something & I'm not paying attention to her. Infact she pushes me with her front paws & knocks me off balance. But I can't get her to stop jumping on other people when they come to the door. My sons got her to do that when she was a puppy. They would come home, lay on the floor, & let her climb all over them, & lick their faces. They still think it's cute.

But she's still my Baby!

Archived