CairnTalk

Newmans Own Organic Dog Food

Mama Kim

I was at a new grocery store here in Knoxville this weekend, Earth Fare, the Healthy Supermarket. They carry Newmans Own Organic Dog Food, a product of Paul Newman's company. As with his other product lines, all profits will be donated to animal charities. I was wondering if anyone else is familiar with this line? I think it's new.

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

Apparently no one else has seen this?? Here is a description. What do y'all think??

We hope you're as excited as we are. We're here to tell you why organic food makes sense for healthy living, a cleaner and safer environment, and great tasting snacks! Nell

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner - I had read some good articles on this food. From reading the ingredients list - and that "what's in it/ what's not" page - it looks great! Are you going to try it? I like that not only is it a holistic, organic dog food but it also gives money to animal charities.

I would try it!!

MamaKim,

Have not seen this in CA yet. Sounds like it might be worth a try though especially since animal charities will benefit. By the way, what is this product selling for? I know that there may be a difference in prices between the States, but would like to know anyway.

Thanks,

MikeC

Yes, I plan on Piper trying it (not me personally :D ) but not for a little while as I have a huge bag of nutra to go through,.

LOL, Mike!

I have not seen it in the stores either. I did see Chicken soup for the dog food (I think this is the name), which looked very healthy too. My two are on Canidae (sp?) and seem to be doing well...I just wish they sold it at the large pet stores or the grocery store here.

I had to go to the local Petco last night to pick up some more food for Duffy and asked the manager about Newman's dog food. He told me that it is not expected to hit the West Coast until later in the year. He said he has had a good many inquiries about it and Petco will most likely stock it. Price wise, he told me it is in the same price range as Eukanueba and Science Diet. I will most likely try it for Duffy when it gets here.

MikeC

Hi! I use "Natural Balance" for Riley - - it is pretty much the same formula - - add a few vitamins here or there - - - but very healthy for the dog. He gobbles it up!!!

Archived