CairnTalk

new title!

Dirtdogs

Hi all, it is Kristi in Ohio. I wanted to share that Toby finished his RAE!! Yea. We had a great weekend, even pulling scores of 95 and 99. WOW! So, we took a few days to bask in our glory:) Now onto grad Novice. We are coming along with the drop and well on our way. Should be in the ring this winter. Then Open is next. We need to work a little more on heeling. I try to stay a little ahead and we have started "go outs" and scent- but with dumbbells. My next move is purchasing my own set of utility articles. Is there any benefit to the 1,2 or 3 bar articles? I have been advised to stay away from the 2 bar- that the dogs often try to pick up the bottom bar and it konks them in the face. Any advice out there for Utility?

Kristi

:qualify: Congrats on the new title. Those are FANTASTIC scores..you should be very proud. :cake:

As far as scent articles are concerned...it is simply a matter of preferece.

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

Kristi, it sounds like such fun. A big HURRAY and Congratulations on Toby's success! :thumbsup: I bet Toby is fun to celebrate with - he knows he's being honored. :)

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

• 1 month later...

Just an update...the articles I chose are the single bar. I figured I have to start somewhere! Toby is taking both the metal and the leather now. He is not too crazy about picking up a glove yet. I have not yet taken to the ring for the CDX yet...we need to clean up the drop on recall. Everything else is ok for now. We all know though once we fix one thing,they will think up something else. If nothing else we are havingfun learning from each other!

Kristi

Well I can't wait to hear when you get that first open leg. :thumbsup:

Keep the training updates coming. I am still working on retrieves....otherwise we have all the open excercises down. My goal is to be ready to trial in open by the years end.

Good Luck!! :lucky:

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

That is great! I bet you will be ready well before year end! Your team will have a CDX this summer.

Best of luck to you. Go get that ribbon!

Kristi

• 3 weeks later...

Great job! Keep working! Love these stories!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Archived