CairnTalk

"Recent Status Updates"

sanford

The pages I visit most often are "Cairn Life" and "Behavior & Health". Along the right hand side of those pages is a column headed, "Recent Status Updates". It has small samples of incomplete entries. How do I get to read these? When I click on any of them nothing happens.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Ah, those aren't topics - they are just short updates - pretty much the same as Facebook status updates (see note). Anyone can set their own status by typing it into the box at the top of the sidebar, or by updating their status on their profile page.

Footnote: CTF has enabled "Facebook Connect" which allows facebook users to log into the forum directly using their facebook credentials. If they do, they can control how integrated their CTF and Facebook profiles are. It is possible to have their statuses tied together so that an update on Facebook is also shown as an update here. That's why you'll sometime see an update that is especially puzzling - it's more of a facebook update that happens to be mirrored here. I am not much of facebook user so I don't really know much about it - it's just a feature of the forum that's enabled.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived