CairnTalk

Earthdog in Ohio

Dirtdogs

We went to the Gem City Earthdog test in Dayton last weekend. The club members always do a great job out there, very nice people. I wish they could have done something about the weather... HOT, HOT, HOT!!! I found when it is 90+ the dogs will not work- (imagine that)out of about 20 to 24 dogs in senior and JE respectively, one in each class qualified on Friday, that was the hottest day. I wish I could say it was mine, but no luck for us this weekend. It did cool down a little, when the monsoon passed through. We had very happy dirty dogs. My Roxy seemed eager, I thought maybe something "clicked", so I put her in IQ, she went in and just stood there in front of the rats. I figure it is a start. Toby, my SE dog decided that he really didn't feel like going into the tunnel. He played around looking for something on top - I hope rats, prob just a new place to pee. He got dirty, got to the rats, but no Q for us. Back to the drawing board...

We did have fun though! I went with a friend that has Border Terriers. (She had 4 BT's with her and one Q, one day in JE)

Looks like we regroup and start thinking about end of Aug and Sept tests:)

Kristi

Interesting. Sorry the weather was so hot - I know that is a damper. I would love to attend one of those events some day.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Archived