CairnTalk

Equipment - Agility Training

Guest posting as: Mary

Guest posting as: Mary

Has anyone attempted/completed an agility chute? I have a barrell, and I need to purchase the water-proof cloth and attach it to the barrell. I know, it sounds easy, but the chute flares out at the bottom to 96 inches and it fits tightly around the barrel.

If anyone has attempted/accomlished building a tunnel with an attached agility chute, I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

Mary

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few places that sell the sewn chutes online. Don't know if there's an actual pattern or notto sew your own. There is a Yahoo list about making your own agility equipment, they might have ideas or know where to buy them. The list is Agility_Equipment (or similar). Seems like J&J Pet supply might be one. I would do a search for agility chutes or closed tunnels. Once you find that, you can fasten it with a bungee cord. You'll need some kind of lip on the end of the barrel you fasten the chute on. One end of the chute usually has elastic or a bungee inside of it. Then just fasten it around the the lip will keep the bungee on. You just need something on the other end to keep the barrel part from rolling over when the dog goes in. I bought a "baby chute" years ago, and this is a flat board with a couple of hooks in the middle of it, then the bungee goes around the chute and the ends hook over the hooks on the board. It wouldn't hold it flat for a big dog, but works great for my cairns! The chute is about 5 ft long so works great upstairs.

Clean Run Productions www.cleanrun.com sells a book about making all your own agility equipment. Don't have the title here, but search on making equipment and it should come up. Its one of their more popular agility books.

Karen Majka

PEC Member

Archived