CairnTalk

You need to watch what happens at groomers!

josie&holly

Found this item http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1268814/Shih-tzu-puppy-baked-death-dog-grooming-parlour.html

which really upset me - I have used a groomer who had a drying cabinet and this has put me off them but she worked for herself.

But it just makes you think about what happens in large stores that have possibly untrained staff.

Sorry it is not relating to a Cairn but just felt that I had to share it so that folk checked these things out [especially those with new pups/dogs].

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

This just made me cry and cry. There was a similar case in the US last year. I forget which state. It's just so awful. I hope if there is a God, that he took that little dog's soul before he felt any pain. I guess that sounds stupid, but I like to think that way.

That story is the reason why I'd rather do a so-so job of grooming my dogs myself. But the bigger issue is how does this happen?? I know of one area grooming salon that has had numerous complaints regarding drugged dogs, abuse of uncooperative pets, etc. and it seems that noone can do anything about it.

There are many, many reputable groomers who do an excellent job and take their work seriously. Stories like this harm the reputations of all groomers, which is a shame. :(

That story is horrible. That little pup died because of carelessness. The employees only got suspended. If it was a human they would have been arested.

Archived