CairnTalk

Date with Stripper

dinib

Buckley & Gracie have a date with the local stripper...er, I mean groomer...today. This is the first time I am having them professionally stripped by a groomer. This lady seems to know her stuff. Spring is in the air, but I hope my pups don't come back completely in their underwear. I will have to post pics after I get them back this afternoon.

Dogs visiting strippers and then coming home in their underwear?? Oh, my . . . Your house is much more exciting than mine!

Don't worry if they come back in their underwear - Holly's overcoat is already coming through and it is about 4 weeks since she was stripped! and it feels so nice too...............

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Only on this forum does a 'date with a stripper' not raise and eyebrow! LOL

and the mention of poop is interesting!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

They look very smart - and she hasn't taken them right down to basic underwear at all[like Holly was - I got worried she would feel cold]! Both lovely dogs but I love picture of Buckley begging!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

They both look great! It looks like you found someone who really does know how to groom a Cairn. They look like 2 different dogs, very nice.

Jim

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Gorgeous dogs...wish I had someone I could take Tanner to that would do such an excellent job.

Becky & Tanner

Buckley & Gracie look wonderful, they make a beautiful pair. The groomer did a great job!

OMG the picture of Buckley begging looks just like my Mandy (RIP) she could sit like that for a very long time. She would do it especially when company came over just to get everyones attention.

Thank you everyone! They do look quite neat and tidy. I am so used to (and I like) my scruffy muffins that I almost didn't recognize them. Yes, the groomer knew her stuff. I think she told me she was ranked the #3 groomer in America, which I didn't realize. The grooming was 95% handstripped. She only scissored their bellies, tails, part of their legs and to shape up the head. I feel quite lucky to have her in my town. She was recommended to me by one of my neighbors who lives on my block. She happened to walk by with her Cairn when I was out shoveling snow from my driveway. Of course, I had to strike up a conversation because of her Cairn.

By the way, I have to say how amazed I am at the number of Cairns I've ran into in NJ. It seems that every dog related place I go (kennel, dog park, walking) I encounter another Cairn.

Your pups look great!

If you don't mind me asking was this a groomer (is there a company name) or a breeder that does grooming? I am curious because you are only a little over an hour from me and have been searching for someone to hand strip Oliver without much luck. An hour wouldn't be too far seeing as they do wonderful work :)

Your pups look great!

If you don't mind me asking was this a groomer (is there a company name) or a breeder that does grooming? I am curious because you are only a little over an hour from me and have been searching for someone to hand strip Oliver without much luck. An hour wouldn't be too far seeing as they do wonderful work :)

Hi Oliver's Mom!

I took them to a groomer here in my town. She told me there were several handlers in the NJ/PA/NY area and she does some of their show grooming. I PM'd you the details.

Dini

aww they did a nice job! :thumbsup: she looks so cute! :wub: though the title for this thread sounded a little scandalous. LOL

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

How cute. Buckley reminds me of my Skye. Isn't it funny how the dark ones have those "red" mustaches?

Ada

• 5 months later...

Hi Lisa - I simply did a google and a yelp search for "new york city groomers hand strip". Here is a groomer who appears to know her stuff and a good place to start your search. http://terrierific.net/

Please NOTE: I have never used/contacted this groomer since I am very lucky to have a groomer in my town. Anyway, she has testimonials/photos from other Cairn owners on her website. I'm not sure if I read it correctly, but it looks like she comes to you. Good luck!

I looked at her website and it says she apprenticed under Ric Chashoudian, so I'm assuming she definitely knows her stuff

Kintra Cairns

Home of Multi-Group Winning Ch. Paragon's Stately Affair CD RN CGC "Zach"

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

Canine Chronicle article - "Through the Storm" about my first journey to Westminster

/>http://www.onlinedigitalpubs.com/publication/?i=31613&p=205

Archived