CairnTalk

Come back Como

josie&holly

JUst been reading a lovely book "Come Back Como" about a family in SanFrancisco who take a terrier mix from a shelter who hates men and is an escape artist. The dog has some Cairn in him. What I like was that is had comic and sad moments but not written in a soppy way. I recommend it to anyone who likes dogs[especially small terriers] and reading!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Thanks for the suggestion! I just placed a hold at the library and should be receiving the book in a couple days.

George

Hope when you have got book from library [i bought mine!]that you enjoy it as much as I did! Mine is now going out on loan to friends.............

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished it a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I often worry about how many rescue dogs are just too tramatized to become successful members of the family.

Another good dog book that I finished several months ago is http://www.amazon.com/Merles-Door-Lessons-Freethinking-Dog/dp/0151012709 Merle is the anti Como free to come and go as he pleases.

George

so glad you enjoyed it too! I always worry after recommending a book in case people find it dreadful!! :lol:

will ask at my local library about the book you have suggested as have a feeling I have seen it there.

Archived