CairnTalk

"Cairn makes me laugh"

Guest crisemm

Guest crisemm

:lol:

Hi everyone, I used to sign in as a guest--Cristina Perez, but finally registered to join in the forum permanently.. "Cairn lovers" :wub:

I just want to share the funny thing my Scruffy does when he's asleep while my husband and I watch TV.

Well, whenever we watch TV up in our bedroom, most of the time when we miss him so much we carried him up in our bed and let him sleep with us or watch with us--i know that's a devil in me but can't resist.

There's this one time we were watching a funny show and my husband laughed so loud and woke up Scruffy, then all off a sudden he stood up in his 4 paws and start walking toward the end of our bed. Just right before he's about to lay down again, he looked at us both and "sigh" twice.. we both laughed because as if he was telling us "People, be quite, someone's sleeping here!" :whistle:

Love to hear your funny experience with your babies!

crisemm, great idea for a topic!

Scully is a big "sigher" as well. When we tell her "no" one time too many she'll go lie down and do this huge sigh and give us "the look". It's so hard to be a Cairn... :lol:

One thing she did today was when Grandmom wasn't listening to her "talking" - she does this thing where she looks and you and makes this soft sound like she's speaking to you - Scully went up on her lap and pulled the bottom of her shirt until she got up and let her outside.

She also isn't big on my husband and I cuddling or kissing on the couch. She gets between us like a wedge. Jealous! :sick:

Scout hates to have her teeth brushed or her hair brushed! She will not struggle, growl, or try to get away. She just hates it!!! When I call her over, and she can see the toothbrush or hairbrush in my hand, she stops dead in her tracks. I usually sit in the middle of the room to brush her, so I end up calling Scout into the room. She is so funny looking when she "crawls" into the room. She slinks down low to the ground and just creeps up to me. She ALWAYS stops about 3 feet in front of me and then rolls on her back! She will just stay in this position until I take one of her legs and pull her gently towards me. It's so comical to see! She knows that she isn't going to get away, but she thinks if she gets down low to the ground, I won't see her! :lol:

We get so many laughs when our Rebel (a cairn) chases his little brother Robi (a pug) we know when the show is about to start. Robi will nip at Rebel and Rebel responds with what we call Cairn Cussing and it is so funny it really sounds so cute.

Then they both get in the pounce stance and they circle around like they are in a couple of boxers in a ring. Then there is a little wrestling and usually Rebel being the best gets on his back and lets the puppy play, but when Robi gets too ruff the chase begins.

Rebel will chase Robi and they go around the couch into other rooms. Sometimes Rebel follows holding Robi

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

We have a favorite in our house at bedtime our oldest (he's 1) will come to bed with us and when is finally down for the count we know it by him sleeping on his back with all fours in the air :D the cutest thing to see him sooo comfortably sleeping!

Our female who is 7 mos. and fairly new to the house we believe is in heat and when she goes to lick her wee she growls at it...quite comical!!

Both the Cairn I had, and Scully, will do that "ladylike" pose of lying on her back with all fours up in the hair. Cracks me up!

:P and growling at her privates!

I have to laugh at the time Madison passed gas and it was a little on the loud side. She had no clue where it came from so her ears go up and she starts barking and chasing her tail in the vacinity of the "noise". Can't remember laughing so much. :lol:

Our former Cairn, Lucy, had an interesting 'episode' when she was about 1 1/2 years old. It was New Year's Eve and we were unpacking from a trip to my parents. Our oldest son was 6 months old at the time so we were a bit preoccupied with him and the unpacking. Unbeknownst to us, Lucy got into her travel bag and ripped open a bag of jerky treats my sister-in-law had sent her for Christmas. Well, she proceeded to vomit many times. We immediately got concerned and called our vet. They rushed her in for an exam and X-rays. When the vet read the X-ray he said, "My, she has an unusual gas pattern." :sick: He put her on a bland diet and sent us home, since it was a holiday, and told us to bring her back after New Year's for an upper and lower GI series. We were heartbroken, wondering what in the world was wrong!! But we noticed she seemed to be feeling somewhat perkier. Well, lo and behold, later that evening, I discovered the jerky treat bag and its lack of contents :shy: and realized what her problem had been. So that night (remember it's New Year's Eve), she laid around and passed the smelliest gas all night long!! She would 'toot' and then look around, sniff the air, get up and move!! :sick: It was so gross but we had to laugh!! Poor little thing, she couldn't stand her own smell. We kept her on the bland diet for a few days but we still laugh about the time we spent $350 to find out she had an 'unusual gas pattern." :D

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

ROTFLMAO! It's not funny she got into that stuff, but it's pretty bad when the pup was offending it's own self with the stink.

Guest crisemm

That's very funny guys.. though, my Scruffy farts really quiet but really stinky and most of the time, he does the same way.. he would be searching where that smell coming from (nose up in the air) and then realizing that it was coming from him, he would start chasing his tail and bark at it. Keep it coming as I love reading all your experiences with your Cairns.

Duffy is pretty gassy too! He's funny though because when he passes one :wub: he will run like gangbusters around the house. Can't hear them but "ode d' puppy poot" as I like to call it, will linger in the air for several minutes. It's the funniest thing.

MikeC

uhm........this is a little embarrassing...but it does make me laugh. When I get up in the morning...the cat is still sleeping on my bed...so I leave the bedroom door open, go downstairs, let Grace out for her morning constitutional and then almost as soon as she comes inside...she gets this look. And the race begins. We both dash up the stairs to the bedroom.....she always wins....and uses her nose to open the closet door that doesn't close properly (100 year old house) and she grabs dirty underwear out of my laundry basket and then dashes down the hall to find somewhere to hid from me so she can chew them. I swear she giggles while doing this....and ducks and weaves until I finally catch her and yank the undies away. And if I forgot to close the bedroom door in the chaos...she heads off at full speed again. Until I get it all collected and the door closed. Then on to breakfast....where I swear she watches exactly how much milk I put in her bowl and the cat's...to make sure they are equal.......

Scully has been doing the most adorable thing and I wanted to share. I just came home from the hospital yesterday (Monday) after 20 hours of incredible pain and having emergency appendectomy surgery late Saturday afternoon.

When I'm sitting, which is about all I can do, Scully has been lying across both my feet. I think it's her way of saying, "This time if you leave I'm gonna know it." My husband said that when he was at home without me, she kept going to the bottom of the living room steps looking up as if to see if I were upstairs in the bedroom. Then if he was in the family room, she would lie down facing the door, keeping watch for her mom. It made me feel good.

I have a pillow the hospital gave me to press against my 10" incision when I "try" (and it's NOT pretty :lol: ) to get into a chair. It's actually my "Scully Guard" for when she jumps up on my lap and aims for my stomach. She's quickly taught me that pillows are for sharing. She sits on the good half of my lap and puts her head on the pillow. Gotta love that little furball! :wub:

ROFLMAO @ Brad! :lol:

Hey my husband asked my boss today to send up some handcuffs so that when he goes back to work he'll at least know I'm sitting down.

• 2 weeks later...

We have 2 Cairns, a male (Rick) and a female (Elise). I've been reading about the "gas" problems you all have. We have the same with our male. He loves cheese, which he rarely gets because it gives him gas. Then we all have to deal with it. But I think he likes to pass gas. I swear that right after he does it, he looks at us a grins as if to say "Yep, I did it! Doesn't it smell good?". About this time our female leaves the room. Cairns have quite the personality! B)

Archived