CairnTalk

Napping all day in day out

Guest Cristina Perez

Guest Cristina Perez

;)

First of all I would like to thank you in advance for making your time to respond as quick as you can.

My husband and I have an 8-month Cairn terrier and just turned in Aug 01/2004. We had him since March 2004 and ever since we got him, he's always been busy at home and always loves to play, and seemed like he never get tired of it. Though, he would take naps in between for half hour at least, if we get lucky, and that's probably just at least 4-5 times a day/night--no kidding.

My concern is, this past holiday August 2--Civic Holiday here in Canada. My husband and I went for camping trip and left for 2 nights and 3 days stay. What we've noticed, since we came back from our trip, he's been sleeping all day in day out. We thought for the first 2 days past, it would be normal, since he was busy playing and had too much fun during the trip. But lately, it seemed like he's still feeling tired and love to sleep all day. And sometimes, when I play fetch with him inside the house, which he's use to be good at, he now only follows the ball, grab it and stay where he is, not even bothering coming back to me.

Is this normal? I called my vet, and he confirmed that I should come in and have him checked up since he is supposed to be in his busy age. Can someone please tell me if this happened to your Cairn?--by the way my Cairn's name is "Scruffy".

Thanks,

Cristina

"The worried MOM"

Hi Cristina,

If I was in your situation, I would definitely take the pup to the Vet. I can understand him being a little tired, but I have an 8 month old Cairn also and it only takes him a few hours to recover from a whole day of playing so I would think that one good nights sleep should be all your guy would need to be back to his old self. My concern is that your pup may have eaten something in the wild, or been bitten by a spider or some insect. I would not wait to take him in. Good Luck and keep us posted.

MikeC

Guest Cristina Perez

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your concern.. he has the appointment for Monday and I will keep you update.

Thanks again,

Cristina

Hi! I am glad you chose to visit with your vet - - these little guys are like kids - - anything out of the ordinary and not their normal routine is cause for concern - - hope everything turns out alright!!

I'm sorry to hear about Scruffy (love the name!) - going to the vet is definitely the best thing. We've had days where it's been really hot and Scully slept much more than usual and that scared the heck out of us. We'd get down on the floor and lie next to her bed and she'd barely left her head to look at you. Then after a short bit she was good to go.

((((Scruffy))))

Guest crisemm

Good news so far everyone, my Scruffy is back!!!

I came home today and from the moment I saw Scruffy, his energy level is boosted up! As if he was never tired ever. :) My husband and I are relief for the moment until again our appointment on Monday. Although, he's back to business, we both still want to take him for checkup just to be sure.

Just one to keep you guys posted and thanks for all your concern!

Thanks again,

Cristina

(aka: crisemm)

Guest crisemm

sorry for the delay.. been busy all week..it turn out that Scruffy is back to normal. Doctor said, he must have been really tired and nothing to worry about. His stool sample come back normal and no insect bites either. I'm so glad it's all over, just couldn't bare knowing if our Scruffy is not feeling. But thanks to all you guys..

Archived