CairnTalk

Watching TV

derecskey

Our little 7 week old puppy Bella was on the floor with us in the living room last night and the TV was on for the first time that she was in the house. She was watching both the TV screen and the speakers, slowling lifting her head, lowering it, titling left and right. Eventually she got up the courage to walk over to the subwoofer on the floor. The volume was not up loud, but she arrived at the "exhaust" port on the subwoofer just in time for a low frequency. She popped back about a foot! It was cute. She slowly backed up another foot, plopped her butt on the floor, and resumed watching for another 2 minutes until she lost interest and came over to sleep between us.

Hi Derecskey,

Our 8 month old Duffy, watches Animal Planet with us. He will hear the dogs barking on the TV, and will raise his head off the couch, bark back and watch. He has a short attention span ( I clocked him the other night and he watched for about 30 seconds), but he is the only dog I have ever had who has even shown the least amount of interest the TV. Leave it to a Cairn! :D

MikeC

Our cairn, Pluto, who is long gone from us used to watch TV any chance he got. When I used to watch the dog shows, he would sit down and watch the entire thing, sometimes for an hour or more. We also had a basset, after Pluto, who also watched the TV. Our new puppy, Yoda, who is a schnoodle, watches it at times. He also parks back when he hears another dog barking. It is quite comical to watch him as he is so little yet sounds so ferocious! :lol:

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Count Scully in as a boob tube watcher. The other day she was lying on the sofa facing the TV and a Pennsylvania Lottery commercial came on that has one of those dogs that's white with a black "patch" over one eye. The dog rolls back and forth representing the lottery "rolling over". Scully's head popped up, she turned it right, turned it left, and then starting barking at the dog.....LOL!

I have a curio cabinet with Santa on the bottom two shelves. She'll be playing ball and then all of a sudden she'll go over to the cabinet, stick her face up to the glass, back up and then start barking at Santa. What a hoot!

Scout loves watching the dog shows too. She likes to bark when the other dogs bark. Finch hasn't shown any interest in tv yet. She has a live dog to play with! LOL!

Guest osuvicki

Grace loves to watch TV with me...and went nuts during the dog show....Law and Order puts her to sleep...until the pet food commercials come on. She barks at the dogs AND cats...

Cody watches TV when we are in the living room. We often find him watching it even when we are not. It happened a few times when he was a pup and we thought it was cute but we think it happens too frequently now for him not to be understanding some of it. Strange and wonderful dogs they are huh.

Archived