CairnTalk

New RN

rallycairn

Just want to brag on my girl Patra (Cleopatra, Roundabout Queen of the Nile). We finished our RN Friday night at the Shetland Sheepdog Club of Greater Baltimore! But best of all, she gave me good attention and really seemed to be enjoying herself, unlike in our first leg. Second leg was better and this one was quite good, with a 91, fantastic for us as a team, and I know some of that was a weird handler error I made getting tangled in the leash at a stationary exercise which probably led to points off for slow to respond or HE.

The club had a fantastic photographer, too, his shots really looked nice. If anyone in the MD area would like to have a photographer at their event you're welcome to PM me for the info.

Rally on!

Donna/Rallycairn

Congratulations! :qualify: Trialing with cairns is such a joy!

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

Congratulations, Now that all of the jitters of getting that first title have passed its on to RA. 91 is a great score and it shows that she is willing to work with you.Trainning with these cairns is fun they always keep you thinking and its a treat for us when we see that little light bulb go on when they get it.

Rich

Congratulations!

I love it when a terrier gets a good score. It kind of shuts those up who scoff at terriers in obedience venues.

Mac (our Westie) Q'd RN 6 times before we moved up. He scored in the 90's three times taking the blue in one of them. We go back into Rally class tonight with Emmy (our little girl Cairn) repeating novice & Mac in Advanced again. It doesn't hurt to brush up as early in March I will be handling 2 terriers in Rally!

Very well done! Any obedience title on a cairn is an accomplishment!

Thank you very much, it certainly feels like an accomplishment!

Congratulations! :qualify: Trialing with cairns is such a joy!

It is, indeed!

Congratulations, Now that all of the jitters of getting that first title have passed its on to RA. 91 is a great score and it shows that she is willing to work with you.Trainning with these cairns is fun they always keep you thinking and its a treat for us when we see that little light bulb go on when they get it.

Rich

ITA, why does Novice seem so much more intimidating? I guess with each new dog, the first title assures you you can do it as a team, and you become much more relaxed about the future titles.

Congratulations!

I love it when a terrier gets a good score. It kind of shuts those up who scoff at terriers in obedience venues.

Mac (our Westie) Q'd RN 6 times before we moved up. He scored in the 90's three times taking the blue in one of them. We go back into Rally class tonight with Emmy (our little girl Cairn) repeating novice & Mac in Advanced again. It doesn't hurt to brush up as early in March I will be handling 2 terriers in Rally!

I've already decided to go in a few more times at Novice, something I've never done before. It's time we both went in there with nothing on the line, no more legs needed, to reinforce the "it's fun!" notion for both of us.

Good luck handling 2! You should look for some pairs classes!

THANK YOU ALL for your nice, supportive comments!

If anyone in the MD area would like to have a photographer at their event you're welcome to PM me for the info.

Rally on!

Donna/Rallycairn

Congratulations. B.t.w, where in Maryland?

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

^ The show was in Beltsville, not exactly sure where the photographer is based but probably DC or Baltimore. Jim Poor is his name.

Archived