CairnTalk

Help Brad!

tlwtheq

Did you put a quarter in the slot? :P

No seriously, what happened again? Forum seems to be working normally. There was one moment this morning where it didn't load for me. It could be that our web host restarted our web server, or some other transient anomaly that resulted in incomplete processing of all the scripts and functions necessary to run the forum.

Are things working now?

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Are you talking about your signature? I'm going to guess yes, having had a closer look.

Looking at it, you've got a couple of things going on that fall outside what works in signatures in the new version of the board. The board seem to abandon trying to render the signature once it falls outside some configuration settings, converting it to plain text and not parsing it as code.

Some areas where signatures will fall apart:

• HTML is not allowed in signatures (for security reasons), but BBCODE is. So the tip there is to use tags to hotlink your images.
  • Limit of one image per signature, with a max dimension of 640 x 100. That's actually larger than the old limit of 500 x 100. If you want to have more than one image, the workaround is to combine them into a single graphic of suitable size.
  • Version 3 also delivered automatic enforcement of the number-of-text-lines limit in signatures. This was also increased to 5, from the original four.

In summary, enforcement of signature limitations got automated somewhat, but the limits themselves were also loosened slightly. The only real takeaway was that the old software had no way to count images previously, so a person could have as many signature images as they wanted so long as I didn't get around to adding up their dimensions manually and asking for a re-do.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thanks. I'll get my DH to guide me through. (He has a network engineering degree

and decided 5 years ago not to work outside the home. Too bad that doesn't

bring in any money. :mad: )

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Archived