CairnTalk

Love of my Life, Bob. . ; friend forever. . ;he sends me now to Cairn 'Terrier':-)

sage41

Greetings dear Friends of the Cairn Terrier! I am so happy to have found this forum, it has brought to me such relief. My name is Lori, for 34 years I've been an owner and lover of the American Staff. Terrier Breed; never to stray. . .my sister, <redacted> has been a responsible breeder, and brought much to the geological breed line and titled/championed many dogs/bitches to retirement and/or breeding status by her choice -_- OK, what's my point? Well, I have a very kind sister, she'd often give me a choice of puppy; if she was retiring a dog or a bitch, she'd asked me first too adopt; and this is where my joy has its beginning...and its ending...Number #1 My Sister no longer is a breeder of Am Staff's, she has moved over too the Boxer; and now Number #2 I have the last Am Staff my Sister Christine finished off in 2004; she sent him down to South Carolina to live with me, my husband and our daughter Amber - who was seven years old at the time; Just prior to having 'Bob' sent, Chris had him neutered and of course, all his shots were up to date.

My Beautiful Bob is now 10 years, he has arthritis in his shoulder and hip, but otherwise, health is good. My problem is that due to serious health problems, we moved to Ohio for medical care, and must now live in an apartment as opposed to our own home. :( - We've only been able to keep Bob where we live currently is because he's trained as a companion partner for an disabled or ill owner - and has a doctor's prescription for ownership - thus can legally live wherever we live - of course where the apartment community accepts dogs.

This apartment community accepts dogs, but requirement is that they weigh under 25 lbs; well, of course, Bob does not fit that description! I've researched many other breeds, but terriers are in my heart - and so similar to the Am Staff personality, yet having that 'don't step on differences', too, I've fallen in love with the Cairn. Now, while Bob is in the twilight of his life, I'd like to bring our first Cairn into the family; I am only for pet and am seeking toward bitch - I want some help in how to introduce the life of a cairn to my family - and to my Bob...

sage41

These pic's are Bob and me; Thank you for this wonderful forum!

post-4682-12618633658674_thumb.jpg

post-4682-12618634414921_thumb.jpg

post-4682-12618636678001_thumb.jpg

I want to thank Bradl for the editing; I couldn't find the edit button, and still cannot, for I'd like to correct some spelling and grammar mishaps.

Well, "geological" should be: :arrow: genealogical. Thank you for your patience. :hug:

sage41 :surrender:

Ah, you're not crazy ... the edit button is only available for two hours, to allow folks some slack to make corrections during the time of posting. The button is turned off after two hours to prevent 'rewriting history.'

Given the Cairn connection to rocks, I think geological has a nice ring to it anyway :thumbsup:

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived