CairnTalk

No Earthdog in area?

ppipho

I think Charlie would really like Earthdog, but there does not appear to be any clubs in Southern Minnesota? Does anyone familar with Earthdog know if I am just missing it somewhere? I live just south of Minneapolis....

The Great Twin Cities Su-Mac Cairn Terrier Club used to have Earthdog events...I'm not a member of the club (and live in NW Iowa) so I'm not sure if they still do or not. Their new website (parts are currently under construction)is linked hereSu Mac Cairn Club and while it doesn't mention anything about earthdog as of right now, you can contact one of the members.

Personally, the closest one for me is in the Des Moines area (and hence why I haven't trialed any of my dogs yet). There is a club in the Omaha area as well, but I can't remember their details right now.

Kintra Cairns

Home of Multi-Group Winning Ch. Paragon's Stately Affair CD RN CGC "Zach"

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

Canine Chronicle article - "Through the Storm" about my first journey to Westminster

/>http://www.onlinedigitalpubs.com/publication/?i=31613&p=205

supposedly a group in the Twin Cities was supposed to be reforming after they lost their test site a few years ago.I'm not sure what the status is. Here near Duluth we hold earthdog practices during the summer once a month. But we have to go to Des Moines or Illinois for tests..

• 2 weeks later...

There is an ED trial near Des Moines the weekend of November 7th & 8th. It is sponsered by the Central Iowa Dachshund Club but it gets pretty much taken over by terriers. In the spring Emmy was the only Cairn there (there will be at least 2 this time!) but there were 4 or 5 Westies including our Mac who got on leg of his JE. There were several of the Smooth Fox/Wire Fox/Parson Russell/Border/etc. type terriers. Weather permitting we will be there with our terrierist cell. I have the premium list if anyone needs it.

I don't know if I could actually make it, but would you mind sending the link to the premium list to me? Mary and I have talked about doing one forever!

Kintra Cairns

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

Canine Chronicle article - "Through the Storm" about my first journey to Westminster

They don't have a website. They email the PL out.

We will see Mary this evening. I will try to remember to print one out this morning & give it to her. We have been bugging her & Pam & Marilyn about coming to this one.

Are you by any chance going to the Sioux Falls show this weekend? I'll be there this weekend handling one of Mary's Cairns....I'll even have my Zach there to work on the hairy monster. I can't wait to meet you if thats the case! I've been hearing so much about Obie

Kintra Cairns

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

Are you by any chance going to the Sioux Falls show this weekend? I'll be there this weekend handling one of Mary's Cairns....I'll even have my Zach there to work on the hairy monster. I can't wait to meet you if thats the case! I've been hearing so much about Obie

Yep, we will get there about 6:30-7:00 & we are at the same motel as Mary (& you??). Try to talk Mary into bringing Watson with her. Obie hasn't met his daddy yet.

I'm actually doing a service project with my dorm tonight in Sioux City, then quick driving up to Sioux Falls late tonight. My dad is actually already up there with our motorhome (which has barely gotten any use since Zach was retired) with Zach and ZaZa.

Sorry, I called Mary on my way to class earlier and she's already up there, sans Watson. You'll definitely have to meet him sometime though, he's such an awesome dog :) Zach would be related to Obie somehow though. Can't wait to meet you guys! I'll definitely be there early tomorrow morning.

Kintra Cairns

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

Archived