CairnTalk

Tip: View New Content

bradl

Have you discovered the View New Content link? It's in the upper right corner of every forum page.

View New Content is a quick way to see what's new on the forum. Whenever I visit the forum and want to get straight to catching up, I click the View New Content link. This immediately brings up a list of posts (if any) added since my last visit, up to seven days ago.

The View New Content page has tabs, so you can also quickly check for new content in the Gallery or Calendar, all from that one page.

You can adjust the behavior of the View New Content link slightly, using your profile tools. Up in the right hand corner of your screen you'll see your name and personal photo (if you have uploaded one) along with a "down arrow." Click and hold the down arrow and scroll to My Settings.

On the settings page, scroll down to Search Settings. Here you can choose to have View New Content

• Show me all new content since my last visit (this is the default)
  • Show me all content that I have not read

You can also choose between two slightly different views of the results list: showing as a list of linked titles, or in a more tabular forum-style format.

Sometimes just browsing around is the most fun. Other times, when you just want to catch up with "what's new" - using View New Content is a handy tool, and faster than checking in each forum, one-by-one, for new posts.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived